Re: Unable to uninstall EA Desktop

by X_pilot97

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to uninstall EA Desktop

★★★★ Novice

Product: EA Desktop
Platform:PC
Error Report ID (learn how to create an Error Report ID in the sticky post) 4516c24a-2304-48ee-9b90-e2a540d0c38f
Which client functionality are you experiencing this bug with? Application Installer
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 29/10/2020
Summarize your bug I'm unable to uninstall EA Desktop to attempt a fresh install.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Install it Navigate to Control Panel > Uninstall a program Search for EA Desktop Notice it isn't present. Go To Settings > Apps & features Notice it isn't present.
What happens when the bug occurs? You are unable to reinstall EA Desktop
What do you expect to see? The option to uninstall the software. The Installer doesn't have a "repair" option either.

This just straight up sucks. The installer detects an installation even when you manually go to the program files and delete them, as well as deleting the appdata and program data...

Message 1 of 11 (7,081 Views)

Accepted Solution

@X_pilot97 

The uninstall option is present on my system.

EA_Desktop.png

I would suggest to use Revo uninstaller.

• Go here and download "Revo Uninstaller". (The freeware version, Portable version works too.)
  • Run "Revo Uninstaller" > See if it can find EA Desktop.
    If Yes:
  • Uninstall EA Desktop.
  • At the end of the main uninstall, Revo will ask you which cleaning method you want to use. > Select "Moderate" > Browse.
  • If "Remaining registration content found" is displayed > Select All > Delete > Next
  • When "Remaining Data and Folders" is displayed > Select All (Make sure the "Origin Games" folder is not in the list) > Delete.
  • Restart the PC > Test.

If Revo also can't find the program I would suggest to clean the Registry with "CCleaner".   

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (7,065 Views)

All Replies

@X_pilot97 

The uninstall option is present on my system.

EA_Desktop.png

I would suggest to use Revo uninstaller.

• Go here and download "Revo Uninstaller". (The freeware version, Portable version works too.)
  • Run "Revo Uninstaller" > See if it can find EA Desktop.
    If Yes:
  • Uninstall EA Desktop.
  • At the end of the main uninstall, Revo will ask you which cleaning method you want to use. > Select "Moderate" > Browse.
  • If "Remaining registration content found" is displayed > Select All > Delete > Next
  • When "Remaining Data and Folders" is displayed > Select All (Make sure the "Origin Games" folder is not in the list) > Delete.
  • Restart the PC > Test.

If Revo also can't find the program I would suggest to clean the Registry with "CCleaner".   

Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Message 2 of 11 (7,066 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Holger1405 Thanks! I'll give that a try Standard smile
Message 3 of 11 (7,057 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice
@Holger1405 Yeah so that lead me down the CCleaner route, but now I still can't reinstall EA Desktop because it says the program is still installed. Any idea how now manually go through and try to uninstall it?
Message 4 of 11 (7,035 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Holger1405 Thank you so much. I did a manual search for "EA Desktop" deleted some cached files and then it showed up in Revo :D

You're an absolute live saver!
Message 5 of 11 (7,026 Views)

@X_pilot97 

You're welcome! Standard smile

Message 6 of 11 (6,989 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If using the steps in the replies above doesn't fix your issue, launch Registry Editor and type Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts into the bar at the top of the window. Inside this folder are some files hidden from file explorer, simply delete the EA Desktop folder.

Message 7 of 11 (6,585 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This didn't work for me unfortunately

Message 8 of 11 (6,300 Views)

★★★ Newbie

None of these solutions worked for me so far. My PC still reads it as if it was still on there

Message 9 of 11 (6,293 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yep EA sucks period to bed they have the games I like......  Tossing the xbox deuces

Message 10 of 11 (6,006 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help