by itztoddieuk

Original Post

Re: Unable to play purchased game. Getting Error Message

★★★ Newbie

try to download apex then reinstall your game your problem will be solved

Message 41 of 197 (3,027 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You don't need to reinstall the game i think. I just tried installing apex and immediately, my game started working again.

Message 42 of 197 (2,971 Views)

Can't install, please restart computer?

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I have the Xbox ultimate pass which includes the basic EA pass.  This game is listed as "Included" with my level of 'Pass'.
However, I cannot download this game. I have tried initiating it from the xbox app (I use the xbox windows app on my pc), and i've tried initiating the download from the EA app.  I saw a previous question about this in which someone suggested to go to Origin to claim it, but i cant find any button on Origin that lets me connect it to my EA or Xbox accounts, instead its linked to my old steam account.

When I try to download, it says "a small hiccup has occured, please restart your computer"  That didnt work. I exited the app, that didnt work.  I ran it as admin, that didnt work.  I uninstalled, and reinstalled, and that didnt work either.

I attempted to download another game, Battlefield something or another, same error.  However when I go to my purchase history, it shows the Battlefield game as a completed download, despite failing at 0%, and doesnt show the Mass Effect Legendary game at all. Theres no option to cancel the download, it just doesnt work and does nothing. This has persisted, again, through an uninstall and reinstall and I even changed the game directory entirely, went through and tried to delete any would be file that might've made it through (none found).

No idea what to do. And yes, I have 5 TB of space available in the directory i am installing it to.  Yes, I changed my default directory as well.
I have previously managed to install Jedi..fallen..knight..or something, with no issues. So I dont understand what changed between me installing that, and me installing this. Subscription is active for another year or so. i'm not behind on any payments. 

I searched for this issue and found only 2 threads here but neither helped (from previously asked questions)
Ideas? tips? suggestions?

Message 43 of 197 (3,998 Views)

ea app error there was a slight hiccup and we couldn't finish installing

★★★ Newbie

ea app error there was a slight hiccup and we couldn't finish installing 

Message 44 of 197 (4,004 Views)

Re: ea app error there was a slight hiccup and we couldn't finish installing

Hero (Retired)

Hey @UtopianPepper60,

Can you try the steps in this Link?

https://help.ea.com/en/help/ea/ea-desktop/troubleshoot-game-download-install-load-issues/

Let us know if you're still experiencing this issue.

Thanks Standard smile

- iluminate 

★★★ Newbie

Unfortunately installing Apex Legends didn't work for me. Still getting this error when launching Mass Effect Legendary edition. Worked up until yesterday.

Message 46 of 197 (3,964 Views)

Re: Can't install, please restart computer?

★★★ Newbie

I downloaded Mass Effect 1, and now suddenly I can download games again.

i'll spare you my rage rant.

Message 47 of 197 (3,949 Views)

Re: Can't install, please restart computer?

Community Manager
Hey all, if seeing this issue you can generally fix it by starting to download any free EA game such as Apex Legends. Once the download has started stop it and then try your other games.

Darko
Darko.png
Message 48 of 197 (13,296 Views)

Re: FAILED TO INSTALL GAME

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hi.

I think there is no solution.

I have this Problem with several Systems.

Message 49 of 197 (4,698 Views)

Re: FAILED TO INSTALL GAME

★★★ Newbie
@JTGarrett I am having the same issue I have researched for 2 hours now and tried all the fixes I've come across and so far its not working. Getting bored now...
Message 50 of 197 (4,559 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help