Unable to install both Origin and EA Desktop

by moltyhero

Original Post

Unable to install both Origin and EA Desktop

★★★★ Novice

Product: EA Desktop
Platform:PC
Error Report ID (learn how to create an Error Report ID in the sticky post)
Which client functionality are you experiencing this bug with? Application Installer
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 17.7.21
Summarize your bug Unable to install both Origin and EA Desktop
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Running Origin / EA Desktop installers
What happens when the bug occurs? For EA Desktop it says "encountered an error and couldn't finish installing" For Origin after opening the installer it open a white window and loading infinitly with loading animation near the cursor
What do you expect to see? "Thanks for installing -----"

I cannot install both EA Desktop and Origin.
For EA Desktop it says "encountered an error and couldn't finish installing"
For Origin after opening the installer it open a white window and loading infinitly with loading animation near the cursor
I tried clearing cache, moving the installer to a folder called "Electronic Arts" in Program Files on 2 drives, disabling anti-virus. Nothing works

Windows version: Windows 10 Pro ver 19041.1083

I was able to install both Origin and EA Desktop in the past but suddenly they stopped working and I cannot reinstall

Message 1 of 3 (316 Views)

Re: Unable to install both Origin and EA Desktop

EA SPORTS FC Team

Hi @moltyhero,

If you're having issues with installing files on your PC then there are a few things that you can do that are highlighted in this article:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/origin/origin/my-game-downloaded-through-origin-but-will-not-install/

In addition to this you can also create a new Windows administrator account and use that to try to install the apps and perform an sfc /scannow.

Jason.png
Message 2 of 3 (311 Views)

Re: Unable to install both Origin and EA Desktop

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Jason I tried everything, still the same
Message 3 of 3 (260 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help