Trespasser DLC Missing

by Lancerr11

Original Post

Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition DLC "Trespasser" is not on the EA Desktop

EA SPORTS FC Team

I don't have any updates to share at this point @Chriskatt101, but we're still investigating. 

@Talesdro There is an accepted solution as the issue that was first reported in this thread has been resolved. Now a new bug popped up and it's being discussed in this thread. 

Usually we would create a new thread for a new issue, but as these are so closely related I decided to continue going in this thread. 

Jason.png
Message 41 of 105 (1,628 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
Please fix this, it is not understood, what pisses me the most is that I have spent 100 hours on this game and I cannot access what was really coming, which is to play the traspasser dlc that I could not play on xbox 360
Message 42 of 105 (1,575 Views)

★ Apprentice

Stil no fix for this problem.

EA tech team said to "wait until EA Desktop leaves beta".

LOL.

Message 43 of 105 (1,485 Views)

★★ Novice

Seems the problem persists. We dont even have the option to buy the DLC. Please give us another update.

Message 44 of 105 (1,548 Views)

★★ Novice

Is this problem ever going to be fixed?

Message 45 of 105 (1,540 Views)

★ Apprentice

EA tech team should have fixed this problem weeks ago.

I hate EA, worst customer experience ever.

Message 46 of 105 (1,521 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same issue here. This issue has been going on for months and hasn't been resolved. Ridiculous. 

Message 47 of 105 (1,428 Views)

Dragon Age Inquisition- can't load save without Trespasser (EA Play)

★★ Novice

Product: EA Desktop
Platform:PC
Error Report ID (learn how to create an Error Report ID in the sticky post)
Which client functionality are you experiencing this bug with? Launch Game
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 08.06.21 12:00
Summarize your bug Trespasser DLC not included in Dragon Age Inquisition-GOTY Edition on EA Desktop
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Download the game through EA Desktop
What happens when the bug occurs? Can't load save file
What do you expect to see? a fix.

I had Dragon Age Inquisition installed on Steam because I had EA Play purchased through Steam in the past. When the subscription ran out I didn't uninstall the game because I knew I will be playing it again (purchasing the subscription). When Microsoft announced EA Play on Game Pass I decided to go for that instead of paying on Steam for EA Play only.

So now I have EA Play through Xbox Game Pass and the game in my Steam library (fully installed/ files unpacked). Also, obviously I couldn't launch the game through Steam.

I then try to open the game through EA Desktop and since the game files are already on my PC, it just got the path automatically and I could play the game through EA Desktop without any problems. Next, I tried to install a couple of mods but they didn't work so I thought that it has to do with the game being still on Steam, not on EA Desktop, so I uninstalled the game on Steam and installed it fresh new on EA Desktop. 

And this is the point I'm in now. The game won't launch (with or without mods) because I'm missing the Trespasser DLC (which was on Steam version of EA Play but isn't on EA Desktop, despite both platforms offering the game through EA Play). When I try to load the save it says it won't load because the save was on the newer version of the game and brings up the Trespasser DLC (the version in the "package.mft" is currently 12).

My questions are:

1. Well obviously how can I fix it without losing my saves?

2. Is it just a bug that EA Desktop version of the game doesn't come with Trespasser DLC when the Steam version did?

Message 48 of 105 (1,259 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

PLEASE let us know when this is fixed.  EA help through chat was clueless about the issue.  I had to google the issue while on chat with them to find out that other people are experiencing this.  Very frustrating.  In the mean time, I had to purchase an EA Play sub just to access this through Origin even though I am a Game Pass member.

Message 49 of 105 (1,130 Views)

★ Apprentice

Another thread in the General section is over here -> https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Dragon-Age-Inquistion-on-EA-desktop-missing-Tresspasser... . My post there reproduced below (didn't find this correct thread until now, whoops). Most interesting to me is that, even if I wanted to give up and purchase the DLC separately, I can't. Because the Trespasser DLC page in EA Desktop does not load and there is no purchase button. And because I can't use other purchase or installation methods without first purchasing the base game or a 'real' EA Play membership instead of access via Gamepass. Yes, also annoying that this issue has been known for months, yet help.ea.com wasting both my time and theirs trying things that certainly won't help.

I've just been chasing this with help.ea.com. I have a current EA Play subscription via my Gamepass subscription. Things I've noticed:

• At Origin , when I'm logged in it shows me as owning all of the DLC, including Trespasser.
  • At Dragon Age™: Inquisition - Trespasser for PC | Origin, it clearly states the Trespasser DLC is included with EA Play, and when logged in I get the green tick and 'You have this content'.
  • In the EA Desktop app, it lists me as owning 7 out of the 8 DLC. I get given a price for Trespasser.
  • The game itself is listed as 'Included with your EA Play membership, and I can download and play it just fine, with all DLC apart from Trespasser.
  • If I go to any of the working DLC screens in the EA Desktop app, I get an info box at the top with the cover art and a green tick 'You own this add-on'.
  • If I go to the Trespasser DLC screen in the EA Desktop app, I get the info box at the top with the cover art and nothing else except a pulsing 'loading' icon. It looks like the Desktop app is failing to query the ea.com servers for ownership information about this DLC, and the EA Desktop app is unable to complete rendering the screen.

So far I've just gone through the usual tech support drill. We have manually cleared various Origin caches and reinstalled EA Desktop, and we have used the App Recovery option and reinstalled EA Desktop, and rebooted, and completely reinstalled Dragon Age: Inquisition. Situation has remained unchanged. Some sort of escalation has been done, but I can't see any status of that, so I guess I just need to keep annoying help.ea.com if it doesn't get fixed 'in a few days'.

Message 50 of 105 (1,088 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help