Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition DLC "Trespasser" is not on the EA Desktop

by stubish42

Original Post

★★★ Novice

Sure thing, they consider it fixed when you buy it again from another platform :/

Actually on EA Desktop App it doesn't even show as a purchasable dlc so they're actually advertising something not true rather than facing a simple bug.

Guess i'll try my luck with a consumer tutelage association since in Italy this is False Advertisement.

Message 61 of 105 (1,190 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Adhan85 wrote:

Sure thing, they consider it fixed when you buy it again from another platform :/

Actually on EA Desktop App it doesn't even show as a purchasable dlc so they're actually advertising something not true rather than facing a simple bug.

Guess i'll try my luck with a consumer tutelage association since in Italy this is False Advertisement.

It is a recent change that Trespasser is no longer listed as a DLC in the EA Desktop App. Earlier, it would list 8 DLCs, with Trespasser available for purchase. However, the DLC page would not work and it was unpurchasable, even if you wanted to. Now the Trespasser DLC is not listed at all. Yes, it is still listed as being included with EA Play in origin.com. It is also explicitly listed as an included DLC in Microsoft's Gamepass app.

Message 62 of 105 (1,181 Views)

★★★ Novice

@stubish42 wrote:

@Adhan85 wrote:

It is a recent change that Trespasser is no longer listed as a DLC in the EA Desktop App. Earlier, it would list 8 DLCs, with Trespasser available for purchase. However, the DLC page would not work and it was unpurchasable, even if you wanted to. Now the Trespasser DLC is not listed at all. Yes, it is still listed as being included with EA Play in origin.com. It is also explicitly listed as an included DLC in Microsoft's Gamepass app.

Totally my point. It's actually listed as included but it was not, it has been removed and still shows up as included.

It's considered fixed (with no fix because the only "fix" was to pay it again) and after months the only updates are like "well, just checked but no luck, sucks to have subbed ea pass for this game"

After all this time it's no a simple bug fix, it's False Advertising and unprofessional behavior.

Message 63 of 105 (1,167 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Adhan85 wrote:

After all this time it's no a simple bug fix, it's False Advertising and unprofessional behavior.

Yes, to all this. I mentioned as such in feedback to Microsoft, for how it taints their branding and they should be aware when they are writing cheques to EA for services not rendered. I know I don't matter, but Microsoft is in a position to get an SLA. I can't imagine they have had a pleasant experience with the requirement of using the beta EA Desktop App for a production service. All the public feedback I see is negative. Their competitors like Steam seem to be in a better position, I think integrated into the older Origin service, and don't need to splatter their pages with 'beta' warnings.

If you subbed to Gamepass for EA Play access, you are likely able to get a refund from Microsoft as they were unable to provide the advertised service. It is all under the EA banner, but Microsoft took your money so only Microsoft can refund it. I haven't tried, as I'm playing lots of non-EA games.

Message 64 of 105 (1,153 Views)

★★★ Novice

Fine how they removed a post where it was named AltroConsumo, a consumer tutelage association in Italy.

Almost like they're pretending they do not suggested to buy twice a product as a fix.

But i guess i'm just being too grumpy and they're just about to fix it

Message 65 of 105 (927 Views)

★★★ Newbie

fix my problem to.

Message 66 of 105 (788 Views)

★★★ Novice

Still no news?

Kinda strange...or maybe not.

Message 67 of 105 (758 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Adhan85 wrote:

Still no news?

Kinda strange...or maybe not.

And bang, just checked and the dlc was there with the nice green checkmark of ownership.

Must say it was impressed Standard smile

Message 68 of 105 (756 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Adhan85 Looks good here too. Thanks for the heads up.
Message 69 of 105 (746 Views)

★★ Novice

Hmm, I still seem to have the issue of not having the DLC even listed in the available dlc's in EA desktop. I have the EA Play via microsoft's gamepass. Hopefully reinstalling the EA desktop would fix it.

Message 70 of 105 (662 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help