Sims 3 Expansions Not Downloading

by cutierose1234

Original Post

Highlighted

Sims 3 Expansions Not Downloading

★★★ Newbie

Product: the EA app
Platform:PC
Error Report ID (learn how to create an Error Report ID in the sticky post)
Which client functionality are you experiencing this bug with? Download Game
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 5.09.22 10:00
Summarize your bug Bought sims 3 expansion packs, but having trouble downloading
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I go into the EA App once more to see if there is any download button to download the two expansions, and there is none.
What happens when the bug occurs? All add ons are visible, but not downloadable
What do you expect to see? expansion packs not downloaded and unplayable

I have recently bought two new exansions for the sims 3 on origin and have been having complex issues with download. Not being able to download for no apparent reason. I decide to then download this new EAApp to see if it was just because origin was no longer compatible. I see that my two expansions are shown as bought in my collection. I go to check in the Sims 3 Launcger and they do not appear meaning they are not downloaded. 

I go into the EA App once more to see if there is any download button to download the two expansions, and there is none.
I am once again frustrated with this consistent issue, I spent my money on a game that i cannot even play.

I would be extremley grateful if i get a solution to this annoying problem

Message 1 of 98 (5,185 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Expansions Not Downloading

EA DICE Team
Hi @cutierose1234, are you still seeing issues with downloading Sims 3 Expansions?

/Atic
Message 2 of 98 (5,074 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Atic

I too am having this problem and have spent a full afternoon now trying to fix it :/

Message 3 of 98 (4,965 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Uninstall the game and try again. Mine wouldn't install my expansions because it was trying to download the base game first, but the base game was already installed.

Message 4 of 98 (4,956 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have a similar problem, my expansions wont download but i have the option to download them, it just never does. Ive uninstalled the game multiple times, even tried uninstalling the whole App. Ive also tried installing just the game first then one expansion pack after and nothing works. I don't know what to do to fix it

Message 5 of 98 (4,826 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@ThatGuyAppleI'm having the same trouble, Sims base game and 3 stuff packs and 2 expansions downloaded - now it reads an error each time I try to download anything else - even one at a time, and after loading the game and letting it create its files etc

Message 6 of 98 (4,814 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@hippiejenni I'm having the exact same problem, do you think it's the whole app, if no one is able to download the add-ons and stuff packs?
Message 7 of 98 (4,756 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

IDK - its really frustrating tho, EASupport finally got back to me. They told me all the same things that are on this thread - which still only gets me the base game and 5 add-ons.
No Seasons, No Generations - Supernatural but no Pets?? The release dates or reliant packs do not seem to affect anything either.

I thought I might uninstall the entire bag of tricks and try to install the base and load it, then attempt to install one of the ones that wont install now - see if its about file size, or if it wants a certain pack first.

Do them from the release dates - experiment.  I want to go Simport *pouts* lol

Message 8 of 98 (4,745 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hello,  please add me to this list. 

I have gotten almost every add-on i have ever gotten. Even that stupid green car, and the chocolate fountain. 

I cannot for the life of me get any expansion pack to download. 

I have tried both Origin and the new app.  It is like the files are not attached to the button.  

I downloaded 4 and some extras, everything worked great.  

Somewhere or someone, once told me that my files would be safer online, where I could access them anytime. That is why they started the portals. The portals have not done what they said. 

Penny

Message 9 of 98 (4,698 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you...

I really thought I was the last person in the universe still playing this game.. 

Message 10 of 98 (4,675 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help