Re: Oops installation failed.

by ImmortalTitan10

Original Post

Cannot install Games - Oops installation failed.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: EA Desktop
Platform:PC
Error Report ID (learn how to create an Error Report ID in the sticky post)
Which client functionality are you experiencing this bug with? Download Game
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 20, January 2021
Summarize your bug Oops, installation failed...the final stages of installation didn't go as planned. Please try again.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By trying to install any game from within the EA Desktop Application.
What happens when the bug occurs? The installation fails each and every time.
What do you expect to see? A successful installation.

Installation of games keep failing.

Message 1 of 21 (8,282 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@SwissCh3ese Did they get back to you? I get the same thing but no videos online on how to fix it or what to do
Message 2 of 21 (8,215 Views)

★ Novice

Same here. I've reinstalled the app, cleaned out all the files, and it still fails every time.

Message 3 of 21 (8,198 Views)

★★★ Novice
@ImmortalTitan10 No, I haven't heard back from them about this, I just deleted the game file and I'm trying again, I can't find anything online about it either. Glad to know though I'm not the only one Standard smile
Message 4 of 21 (8,190 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ok so I've also looked and haven't found anything but I did find a work around, you can download them using origin, that still works, then you can launch with ea desktop if you want or just use origin, your ea play still works there, hope this helps

Message 5 of 21 (8,188 Views)

★★★ Novice
@ImmortalTitan10 Ok, thank you! I will try that if it fails again. Wish someone from support would reach out :/
Message 6 of 21 (8,186 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah hopefully, mine worked on origin fine, luckily that one is still good, but yeah, best of luck

Message 7 of 21 (8,181 Views)

★ Novice

Yoo i had same problem but it worked when i turned off Potentially Unwanted app blocking in Windows security >App & browser control>Reputation based security also by turning of real time threat procection in Windows security. 

don't  know why but everytime time i install something from EA desktop i have to turn them off otherwise they give error like "Oops installation failed " even after running EA desktop as administrator .

Message 8 of 21 (7,924 Views)

Problems with install battlefield V

★★ Novice

Yesterday I tried to download Battlefield V with EA Play that is linked to PC Game Pass, but apparently it is giving me many problems, I tried to see if it happened to me in more games, but it turns out that it only happens to me with this one specifically. Also, according to EA Desktop, the game is mine, when in fact I have not paid for it or anything at all. Ask if someone from here can have an idea and if not I will wait for them to fix in launcher

Message 9 of 21 (7,886 Views)

Re: Problems with install battlefield V

★★★ Newbie

Dude, I am having the same issues. Sims 4 won't install. I keep getting the same error message. 'Oops, installation failed
The final stages of installation didn’t go as planned. Please try again.' 

Message 10 of 21 (7,691 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help