Re: Oof, Something Exploded

by geekgirl101

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I did the ALT-F4 thing to be able to see/use the app because it just kept giving me the "Oof something exploded" error no matter whether I used the desktop shortcut or ran the EALauncher.exe file.  I did get to see some of the games but unfortunately they were all unplayable, what I assume should've been the "Launch Game" button or whatever it's supposed to say was stuck with a permanent "Loading".

Message 31 of 71 (1,248 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am having the same problem. Once I login with my email address and password, the application opens with the message "Oof, Something Exploded" and instructed to restart the application. I have done this multiple times with the same results.

Message 32 of 71 (1,240 Views)

★★ Novice

same here ran as admin once and it worked and even after as well.  maybe for some reason it need's permision for something to work like it should and running as an admin gives it.

Message 33 of 71 (1,208 Views)

★ Apprentice

It seems to be a problem with Mcafee antivirus.

Message 34 of 71 (1,165 Views)

★ Apprentice

Try turning off your antivirus it seems to work for me.

Message 35 of 71 (1,165 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@youdroptwo Yep, seems certain games wont install properly. Then Ea Desktop gets stuck unable to fix the issues. Doesn't recognize If you deleted the files. It knows somethings wrong but its clueless as to what is wrong. i reinstall my operating system and this allowed me to redownload the game Dragon age inquisition so, there has to be some fix.
Message 36 of 71 (1,123 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@RunstAras Personally I think its anything with additional content, you have to deselect all of them. And install them individually, i'll try disabling Mccafee too.
Message 37 of 71 (1,122 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I don't have Mcafee antivirus so it's not that which is preventing me from being able to use the app without the "Oof" message.

Message 38 of 71 (1,109 Views)

★★ Novice
@geekgirl101 same i don't have Mcafee either and still happens let's hope they get it fixed as i like it better then Origin of course that is when i did get it to work that one day after trying the run as admin which worked but seemed to only be temp fix.
Message 39 of 71 (1,087 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have completed the above steps to remove via Revo and CCleaner but now when trying to re-install the newly downloaded installer acts as if already installed and just closes when either button pressed on box/popup that states installed and to open or cancel.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 40 of 71 (1,047 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help