Re: Oof, Something Exploded

by MaddArchivist

Original Post

Oof, Something Exploded

★★★ Novice

Product: EA Desktop
Platform:PC
Error Report ID (learn how to create an Error Report ID in the sticky post) 6fef8467-3d77-47ce-a0b9-9d7315f00e93
Which client functionality are you experiencing this bug with? Application Navigation
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 15.10.2014:50
Summarize your bug Every time I launch the application and log in I receive an error message that states "Oof, something exploded. An unresolvable error has occurred. Please restart the app."
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Launch the application.
What happens when the bug occurs? I am unable to navigate the main application. If i tell the application to restart the error persists. I have tried restarting the application, as well as the PC, and uninstalling and reinstalling the application to no effect.
What do you expect to see? The main application and all that entails.

Message 1 of 71 (9,323 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same exact problem with the same exact symptoms. 

Message 2 of 71 (9,281 Views)

★ Guide

I have the same problem, its very frustrating, I can't load my games anymore Frown 

Message 3 of 71 (9,241 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having the same problem.  Once I login with my email address and password, the application opens with the message "Oof, Something Exploded" and instructed to restart the application. I have done this multiple times with the same results.

Message 4 of 71 (9,206 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I'm having the exact same issue. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the desktop app, just to see if it was the installation process. I've also gone back and redownloaded it from the link I was sent to see if it was an issue with the initial download of the .exe file. The same result occurred. In order to even get out of the loop I have to use task manager and force quit the application.

Message 5 of 71 (9,203 Views)

EA DICE Team

@MaddArchivist @youdroptwo @tepeyton @mcrudd @jflisk 

Thanks for trying the EA Desktop Beta!

We'll check out what's going on. But in the meantime, be sure to switch back to the Origin client if the beta won't work for you. Just so you can still keep playing your games.

Message 6 of 71 (9,191 Views)

★ Guide
@Straatford87 Thank you, I did try and uninstall both Origin and reinstall the EA Desktop, but still had the error so uninstalled it and reinstalled my Origin, will keep an eye on this thread if it can be resolved then try the Ea desktop again Wink Thank you
Message 7 of 71 (9,178 Views)

★★ Novice

At first, I could at least open the app, but none of my games were there. When I tried to get to one, I'd get this error message:

First Beta error.png

So, I removed the program from my computer. I then downloaded the program again and reinstalled it. Since I've done this, I now can't even get to where my games should be. I've got this new error message of "Oof! Something exploded..." So this is what I see now: 

New Beta Problem.png

Not sure what is going on...

Message 8 of 71 (9,166 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the exact same issue, if I try to open EA Desktop it returns an error stating "Oof, something exploded. An unresolvable error has occurred. Please restart the app." The only option is to restart which just returns the same error.  The only way I could stop the loop was to end the process in Task Manager.

Message 9 of 71 (9,118 Views)

★ Novice

Same thing here.  Just a loop of Oof.

Message 10 of 71 (9,104 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help