by CraigKingx

Original Post

Accepted Solution

NFS Heat - Download not downloading

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: EA Desktop
Platform:PC
Error Report ID (learn how to create an Error Report ID in the sticky post)
Which client functionality are you experiencing this bug with? Download Game
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 18.07.21 21:50
Summarize your bug NFS Heat set to download within a queue of downloads. Other games downloaded fine but NFS Heat will not, it does not show in my Download manager but when I try to select the game or try to set it to download again I cant because it just has the pause icon next to it. If I go into the actual game page for it, it shows the button as 'Downloading' and greyed out but its not doing anything. I have downloaded games before it fine and also set another one to download after to see if it flushes it through but it does not. - I have rebooted my PC - Restarted the EA Desktop app - Logged out & logged back into EA Desktop I cant find a way to clear the download cache.
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Its only happened with the one game but here is what I did: - Set a game to download 'A Way Out' - Set 'NFS Heat' to download after - 'A Way Out' finished but 'NFS Heat' never started correctly
What happens when the bug occurs? NFS Heat is stuck saying its downloading but its not.
What do you expect to see? NFS Heat to download and show in my download manager.

N/A

Message 1 of 5 (2,061 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: NFS Heat - Download not downloading

EA SPORTS FC Team

Hi @CraigKingx,

I just tried to download NFS: Heat and I was able to do so without any issues through EA Desktop. 

In this case I can suggest clearing the cache of EA Desktop through the App Recovery program (Start > EA > App Recovery > Clear Cache).

Jason.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (2,038 Views)

All Replies

EA SPORTS FC Team

Hi @CraigKingx,

I just tried to download NFS: Heat and I was able to do so without any issues through EA Desktop. 

In this case I can suggest clearing the cache of EA Desktop through the App Recovery program (Start > EA > App Recovery > Clear Cache).

Jason.png
Message 2 of 5 (2,039 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Jason Nailed it! Thanks, this is exactly what I was after. Clearing the cache has worked for me.
Message 3 of 5 (2,027 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA SPORTS FC Team

@CraigKingx Happy days and thanks for letting me know!

I have to admit that clearing the cache through the App Recovery is a lot easier than manually removing the files.

Jason.png
Message 4 of 5 (2,017 Views)

★★★ Newbie

it doesnt work for me i did it like 100000 times and i can start it 

Message 5 of 5 (337 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help