Re: More Gamertag/Linked Account Woes

by jbraid

Original Post

More Gamertag/Linked Account Woes

★★★ Novice

Product: EA Desktop
Platform:PC
Error Report ID (learn how to create an Error Report ID in the sticky post) None
Which client functionality are you experiencing this bug with? Download Game
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 03/04/21 18:30
Summarize your bug Xbox Game Pass for PC cannot be used with EA Desktop (a requirement for Xbox GP) because "We found one or more linked accounts"
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Please read below.
What happens when the bug occurs? Please read below.
What do you expect to see? A page where I can link my Xbox Live account to my EA account, obviously.

I'm sorry if I come off as abrasive right now but I've just spent 3 damned hours on EA Live chat support being passed round and not listened to, getting cut off and repeating myself like a ruddy lemon. I'm sick to my back teeth with this and actually APPAULED at the "support" I've received. It's disgusting the way I've been treated. I got cut off so quick each time I couldn't even save chat transcripts.

So here's the story...

I've got Xbox Game Pass for PC like many of you out there right now. It's the only reason I'm using this cancerous piece of software.

I start up the Xbox app and browse through the games, decide to play Dragon Age Inquisition again and I hit 'install'. EA Desktop starts whirring up and then hits me with the attached image.

Now here's the weird bit; the gamer tag here is my ex boyfriend who I haven't lived with for a couple years now. This surprised me since I have my own Microsoft account now, not associated with him whatsoever. Likewise, my email address is my own and my EA account is my own. Nothing that I've been using via EA or Xbox in the past couple of years has ever been associated with the guy. So I'm like... OK? I'll just unlink his Gamertag from my account...

Fast forward 3 hours and I've established that there is no EA account linked with my gamer tag and there is no gamer tag linked to my EA account (I have like 700+ hours in Sims 4 on Origin so I definitely know it's the right one). Except when I logout on the website and attempt to sign in via Xbox Live to make sure I've got the right one, the verification option for email looks correct (some of the email address is redacted, obviously, so I can't be 100% sure its 100% correct) but the phone number verification options are numbers I haven't used in 3 or 4+ years. Cant even switch the Xbox Live account I'm trying to sign in with.

What am I supposed to do here? I can't link my accounts any way properly and I can't get in touch with my ex boyfriend anymore - but whether I can or cannot find him to get in touch with him is besides the point. If I have a 'fresh' EA account without a linked Xbox Live and a 'fresh' Xbox Live account without a linked EA account... Then WHY ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH IS THIS SO FREAKIN' HARD?!

Message 1 of 6 (888 Views)

★★★ Novice
@jbraid And just to add, I've tried hitting 'Go Back' and logging in with my current EA account. It says something went wrong and that I should head back to Xbox and start over.

I then closed both the Xbox app and EA Desktop. I reopened EA Desktop first, successfully signed in and proceeded to open Xbox and try again. I was met with the exact same outcome.
Message 2 of 6 (865 Views)

★★★ Novice
@jbraid Bumping this for you. How can you have an EA account not linked to Xbox and vice versa but have issues with a different gamertag entirely!?

The customer support that EA provides is terrible. No wonder they're still "winning" awards for being a rubbish company. 👀
Message 3 of 6 (834 Views)

★★★ Novice

Bump

Message 4 of 6 (743 Views)

EA SPORTS FC Team

Hi @jbraid,

The way I'm seeing this is that you have an Xbox account, but at some point it was linked to someone else's EA Account.

I don't think that this is something that you can change yourself, but please get in contact with our support team through:

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

I'd suggest logging in on EA Help with your Xbox account and then creating a new case to contact our support team. 

Jason.png
Message 5 of 6 (713 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How do link my xbox account on console  with my ea account i have amazon prime you get packs for FIFA 21 but have time I claim them then log on to FIFA they are no were to be seen if i go on my profile it's the one for my Xbox profile but no wear can I see anything to do with both accounts being linked together if i go to on line to my ea account /settings go on accounts connected i can see amazon and that's it no way to add accounts/link accounts so i have no clue how receive the amazon perks any help will do thanks

Message 6 of 6 (645 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help