by Peter780

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mirror's Edge Fails to Launch

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The EA app
Platform:PC
Error Report ID (learn how to create an Error Report ID in the sticky post)
Which client functionality are you experiencing this bug with? Launch Game
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 2/4/2023
Summarize your bug Mirror's Edge fails to launch directly from EA App and claims files need repair. However, the game works when launched from the game .exe inside the game folder.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Launch Mirror's Edge from EA App
What happens when the bug occurs? Game fails to launch
What do you expect to see? Game launching properly

No additional information to provide

Message 1 of 4 (2,341 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Mirror's Edge Fails to Launch

★★★★★ Newbie

Hey, just wanted to leave a comment here to let you know that I was having the same issue and I eventually got the game to work. Here is what I did to solve the problem:

1. I uninstalled both Mirror's Edge and The EA app via the Windows System Settings 'Add or remove programs'
  2. I then went to my Program files folder (C://Program files) and manually deleted the remaining folders for Electronic Arts and EA Games
  3. I then reinstalled The EA app but chose the custom installation so that I could change my installation folder from C://Program files TO C://Program files(x86)
  4. Once this was installed, I signed in and reinstalled Mirror's Edge from the EA app. 

And just like that, once Mirror's Edge had installed, it ran first time with no errors. 

I really hope this helps you because I'd have loved to have this written down for me, but if it doesn't then please let me know because I am truly curious! Thanks! Fingers crossed

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (2,294 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Newbie

Hey, just wanted to leave a comment here to let you know that I was having the same issue and I eventually got the game to work. Here is what I did to solve the problem:

1. I uninstalled both Mirror's Edge and The EA app via the Windows System Settings 'Add or remove programs'
  2. I then went to my Program files folder (C://Program files) and manually deleted the remaining folders for Electronic Arts and EA Games
  3. I then reinstalled The EA app but chose the custom installation so that I could change my installation folder from C://Program files TO C://Program files(x86)
  4. Once this was installed, I signed in and reinstalled Mirror's Edge from the EA app. 

And just like that, once Mirror's Edge had installed, it ran first time with no errors. 

I really hope this helps you because I'd have loved to have this written down for me, but if it doesn't then please let me know because I am truly curious! Thanks! Fingers crossed

Message 2 of 4 (2,295 Views)

★ Guide

Thanks a lot for the help @mayafps_1. I have just installed the game into a different location other than the default location for games chosen by EA App which is (C:\Program Files\EA Games),and it finally worked. The game launches fine using EA App now. Also, there was an issue of low frame rate that used to happen in Origin when you launch it directly from Origin and you had to launch the game from the game .exe file inside the game folder. Now that is also fixed with EA App.

I think your solution makes sense since Program Files is a protected system folder for 64bit apps and Mirror's Edge is a 32bit app. Therefore, maybe something in the game installation code is sensitive to 64bit apps only installation location. Also, there is another possibility that EA fixed the issue with a recent patch. Anyway, if this is true then EA has to change the default installation folder to (Program Files (x86)) like in Origin which used to work for everything.

Thanks again for your valuable information.

Message 3 of 4 (2,268 Views)

★ Novice

It doesn't work for me, I installed the game on the secondary disk, but the game doesn't start, it gives me an error! And the support isn't much help! I really don't know how to fix this error!

Message 4 of 4 (951 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help