How the hell do I uninstall games through EA Desktop app?

by ILPI

Original Post

Re: How the hell do I uninstall games through EA Desktop app?

★★ Novice

Blue Origin somehow manages to be worst than Origin, wow.

I don't think I ever used Windows to uninstall a game from one of those third party launchers, 10/10 job right there, guys.

Message 11 of 98 (46,040 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@ILPI Super stupid they don't have that on the app. Can't uninstall through EA app or through Xbox app(like all games). Had to uninstall it from Control Panel, thank god they kept that
Message 12 of 98 (45,463 Views)

★★★ Novice

It is bugged like that with the xbox app. The game deleted, but the xbox app says downloading is in progress (0 bites out of xyz).

Message 13 of 98 (6,491 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@ILPIThat is EA for you, New App that does not learn from all the previous Game store before.

> No uninstall in App,
> No speed control on download.
> No option to auto quit when all done
> Constantly put me online although I last set invisible.

> The App does not show in Alt-Tab or bottom of start bar (Got to move/close other program to see it)

> Right-clicking the tasktray show the menu at the edge of the screen instead of right at the mouse.

Stuff all over the place and why oh why did we even need another App to access Game Pass games when all the other games maker can do with being in one App.

Message 14 of 98 (6,437 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yeah that aint working. I got EA play trough the Xbox game pass but still need to download the games with EA desktop. Fine, I don't care about that, I installed Anthem to give it a try, now I want to uninstall it and I can't.

1. EA Desktop has no uninstall options.
2. App add/remove doesn't has Anthem in it's list, so I can't uninstall it like EVERY OTHER PROGRAM
3. Xbox app Only shows the game in the list but no uninstall options

This is not okay EA, I'm sorry but this is amateur hour to the max, no uninstall for the games? You already had Origin, now I'm forced to use yet another program you made and you didn't even implement BASIC options and I can't uninstall the damn game, great job. Maybe next time release a program when it has ATLEAST THE BASICS working.

Message 15 of 98 (6,407 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_David you never really answered why the feature is missing, it should be the FIRST thing that you add. "bEtA" is not an excuse.
Message 16 of 98 (6,404 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So I was able to uninstall TITANFALL 2 in windows control panel BUT it keeps showing in my installed games list in EA desktop app and now I cannot re-install it. Had to uninstall it due to some error I was getting and it kept kicking me to desktop without any error and somebody suggested to uninstall and do a clean install again but now I dont know what to do because EA app keeps thinking its already installed and does not give me option to install the GD game - EA better get its S@#T together

Message 17 of 98 (6,385 Views)

★ Novice

Yeah, I just uninstalled everything. Maybe I'll reinstall it when they fix that, but having to go through windows to uninstall apps that only show up in EA Play is ridiculous.

Message 18 of 98 (6,368 Views)

★ Novice

**UPDATE** EA Play will not uninstall. It goes through the motions and when it's done, it's still there. Didn't know EA was in the business of making viruses.

Message 19 of 98 (6,365 Views)

★★★ Newbie

David, this is not aimed at you but seriously?  EA, gaming behemoth, a company that has had so much bad press they should be doing all they can to rescue and rebrand, and one of the most basic UX elements is missing from their new desktop app?  That beggars belief, seriously.

Message 20 of 98 (6,318 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help