Re: How the hell do I uninstall games through EA Desktop app?

by OnSync

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How the hell do I uninstall games through EA Desktop app?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Title.

Why is this feature so hidden, if not outright missing?

Message 3 of 98 (132,202 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hello,

I think I found a way to uninstall games from the EA app :

I you go to the "Collection" (third option on the left of the start screen of the EA Desktop) you see the game you have played

If you click on the option (3 dots button on the game picture) you will have an option to uninstall

It only seems to be available if you have NOT uninstalled the game through the windows menu

I just removed a game this way and it also got removed from the gamepass app

I am currently redownloading a game i uninstalled with the windows menu (this didn't remove it for the xboss app)

I hope that I will then be able to uninstall it completly

View in thread

Message 62 of 98 (84,531 Views)

All Replies

EA Desktop uninstall

★★ Apprentice

Hello,

I am participating in the EA Desktop beta, and I noticed that while I have issues installing, I can eventually install the game with some trial and error. However, it seems I cannot uninstall the games from EA Desktop and I have to uninstall the game outside of EA Desktop. Is there a way to uninstall games from EA Desktop, or is that not a feature for some bizarre reason?

Message 1 of 98 (95,269 Views)

Re: EA Desktop uninstall

Champion (Retired)
Hey @MattewIsHere

As the EA Desktop is in beta, uninstalling games has not yet been implemented.

It will be added at some point but it's still early stages with many other features and fixes needing to be worked on.
Message 2 of 98 (95,242 Views)

Community Manager

Hi, uninstalling can be done via the Apps & Features menu in Windows. In the Start/search bar start typing "add" and you'll get an option to Add or Remove Programs. Click this, and you'll get a list of installed content. Find the game in question on this list, and click it to get the uninstall option. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 98 (132,117 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_David This actually doesn't even work. I recently installed a game and tried it out for a few hours, then decided to uninstall. There is no option in EA Desktop to remove a game like there was in origin. Moreover, my PC didn't list this, or any other games from Origin/EA Desktop in the Apps and Features within Windows. I had to exit the EA Desktop App, open the original Origin program, find the game in my library there, and uninstall it. Pure shenanigans and lollygaggery.
Message 5 of 98 (132,067 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

You misunderstood the instructions. He meant that you need to use Windows own Apps & Features to uninstall games.

Just open Windows menu and type "Uninstall apps". From that list find the game you want to delete.

EA Desktop doesn't seem to have Uninstall feature (yet?).

EDIT: It's not possible that your PC doesn't list EA Desktop or installed games, as they are added to registry. In that case delete game folder itself or use 3rd party apps like "Iobit Uninstaller".

Message 6 of 98 (132,045 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@EA_DavidAre you guys think what you are doing while UPDATING Origin. You deleted an option to uninstall games from your application. And you are waiting to receive good feedback about EA Desktop? You OK?

Now I have installed Steam and Ea Desktop versions of Apex Legends. How should I understand which one is which in Windows application list?

Message 7 of 98 (131,583 Views)

★★★ Newbie

or just use Origin to Uninstall games.

Message 8 of 98 (131,526 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

You guys really need to fix the EA desktop app and the editing account web page.

Message 9 of 98 (131,506 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I don't know the logic behind uninstalling games through desktop apps, but it doesn't make sense at all that EA Desktop doesn't have that option. "It's in Beta though". No, should've been one of the first things they tested let alone implemented. Common sense.

Message 10 of 98 (131,237 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help