Re: Sims 4 launches in 32 bit compatibility mode when using EA app?

by SimeiaSims

Original Post

Games launching in 32 bit compatibility mode/Powershell when using EA app?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

So, I got the EA app, and ever since, my game is launching with a 32-bit compatibility instead of the standard 64 bit? I included a screen shot of the shell that pops up. I don't know how to change this. I don't have the Legacy Edition. It happens whether or not I have my mods folder in. This didn't happen with Origin. 

Message 1 of 28 (2,136 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@PhunkyMonkee   Please post your computer's dxdiag - how to run dxdiag   Then attach the created text (.txt) file to the paper clip in the lower right of the forum response window.

Message 2 of 28 (2,113 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Sorry, I've been busy with grad school. I just saw this now. I'm attaching my dxdiag.txt file 

Message 3 of 28 (1,971 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi, 
I me too this and though I'd add my DxDiag. I followed the link on 'How to Run a DxDiag Report' this and this is what I discovered:
When I ran Dxdiag I was already running x64. I did not have the "Run DxDiag X64" button so I opened Task Manager went to Details to check the Architecture tab that states either x64 or x86 for a program.

I also checked in System/ About / System type. it said:
'System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor' 

In Task Manager EA app is running X64. I opened TS4 and checked it in Task Manager too and found it was also x64. When I opened TS4 PowerShell opened again. The path that PowerShell showed is the following:
C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EA Desktop\EA Desktop\Compatibility32\EADesktop.exe

I wondered if I accidently downloaded a x32 version of EA Desktop app and downloaded it again, but it doesn't tell me anything of the sort.
I've included a screenshot of PowerShell, Dxdiag and task manager in one image and DxDiag info.

Thank you.

Message 4 of 28 (1,942 Views)

Windows Powershell opens when launching games

★★★★ Novice

EA App causing windows powershell to open when launching games. Powershell opens and stays open until the game is closed. Seems to have started after a recent windows update, but it only happens with games from the EA App. Anyone else experiencing this?

Message 5 of 28 (1,947 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Me too!  How is the game supposed to stick itself into 8GB of RAM under the new system requirements if it pops up a console window when the game loads each time?  Also, I have content that doesn't even work with Legacy Edition.

Message 6 of 28 (1,885 Views)

★ Novice

I've had the EA app for years and I started getting the same issue popping up.  It started after the update before last.  I've added my DxDiag file below.  

Message 7 of 28 (1,871 Views)

★ Novice

for now, i just deleted the compatibility32 folder on EA DESKTOP installantion folder. It works normally.

Message 9 of 28 (1,844 Views)

Re: Windows Powershell opens when launching games

★★★ Newbie

Yes, I am experiencing this as well. It is very frustrating. I have no idea of a solution, but I'm here for when it is solved.

Message 8 of 28 (1,903 Views)

Re: Windows Powershell opens when launching games

★★★★ Novice
@DRAFTBULLET thanks for joining the cause!
Message 10 of 28 (1,861 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help