Games are not added to My Collection on EA Desktop (Teen accounts)

by projrgamer101

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Games are not added to My Collection on EA Desktop (Teen accounts)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: EA Desktop
Platform:PC
Error Report ID (learn how to create an Error Report ID in the sticky post)
Which client functionality are you experiencing this bug with? Download Game
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 19/04/2021
Summarize your bug Basically, most games tell me in a red box "Not Currently Playable" like Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1 among others, onto of that every game I've found that gives me a download button (cause I have EA Plus) like SimCity 4 just refuses to download with a ring that moves for 2 secs and then stops with no sign of anything happening.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I seems to be only on my system from what I can tell
What happens when the bug occurs? Wont download anything let alone that it wont let me for most
What do you expect to see? I'd like for both the red box issue to be fixed and for the not downloading issue to be resolved

I'm having an issue with both games not installing but instead having a loading ring for 2 secs and on top of that most games give me a red box stating "Not currently playable"

Message 8 of 90 (13,087 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Issue with downloading games on EA Desktop

[ Edited ]
EA SPORTS FC Team

Hi everyone, 

There was a recent update for the EA app which addressed this issue. Could you please check and let me know if it is working for you now?

The exact issue was that teen accounts in the UK and Germany were unable to add games to their collection and this has been fixed. 

Should you have a similar issue, then please post in the appropriate topic or create a new one if no such topic exists. 

Jason.png

View in thread

Message 89 of 90 (8,253 Views)

All Replies

Unable to download games

★ Apprentice

Product: EA Desktop
Platform:PC
Error Report ID (learn how to create an Error Report ID in the sticky post) e43b7125-f7e0-4f09-bf96-b9609acb92b6
Which client functionality are you experiencing this bug with? Download Game
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 20.03.2021 4:21
Summarize your bug I am unable to download any games; the loading wheel pops up for less than a second, but then it goes away with no popup
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not too sure, everyone else I've asked about this issue hasn't experienced it.
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing really
What do you expect to see? A popup for the download

I can't seem to download anything. The loading wheel pops up for a second, quickly disappears with no popup. I've tried restarting my PC and uninstalling and reinstalling the EA desktop app, but it doesn't change anything.

Message 1 of 90 (7,957 Views)

Re: Unable to download games

★★★ Newbie
@Mattattack503 I'm having the same issues I've tried several thousand times i think now. Gone through all the settings I'm not sure what else to do even removed and re installed and cleared the cache. I then went to the xbox app which is where i downloaded the ea games desktop and gone through those settings no dice it still doesn't work and yet on another pc owned by me it works fine with no issues. I found a way of browsing all the games on the main website and tried to download from there. The xbox app says preparing but after a while it just disappears. This is quite frustrating as this is my sons account and pc and he wants to play with his dad. :-(
Message 2 of 90 (7,834 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Same problem here. I've looked all over for solutions and have got nothing.
I even contacted ea support and they just told me to keep an eye on the forums because a lot of people have this issue and eventually someone will find a solution.
Whats the point in having support when it just refers you back to the community, especially when the community doesn't actually have a solution?
And what's the point in a game launcher if you can't download and launch games?!
Message 3 of 90 (7,816 Views)

★★ Novice

i had this too go on download with your mouse and hold enter this will just spam the button after a short while it should convert into purchase game or select plan error which the devs are working on rn

Message 4 of 90 (7,790 Views)

★ Apprentice
@masl321 I tried that and, well... at least it's progress for now lol
Message 5 of 90 (7,771 Views)

★ Apprentice

download the games using a vpn it should download the games as normal. not sure why but it works for me

Message 6 of 90 (7,690 Views)

★ Apprentice
@YouGotMemed_LUL This doesn't seem to work for me, thanks for the help though
Message 7 of 90 (7,633 Views)

Re: Most games say "not currently playable" in red box

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Im experiencing the same issue, I unlinked my Microsoft account with an old ea account and linked it with a new one then next moment all of the ea play games were not available. The box app says the games can be installed however the ea desktop app says the all the games are unavailable 

Message 9 of 90 (13,028 Views)

Re: I press download for any game on EA Desktop and nothing happens

★★★★ Novice

YESSS I made an new account and now it works so i think it was because of my age lol thanks for the help though.

Message 10 of 90 (12,641 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help