Re: FAILED TO INSTALL GAME

by kebabm7009

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to play purchased game. Getting Error Message "There was a slight hiccup"

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have valid EA account and purchased FIFA 22. It was working nice. But suddenly while trying to play the game, getting an error "This title may have been downloaded to your device by another user who owns the game. Logon to a different account or restart the app to try again."

(CM: Edited to update thread title to match opening post)

Message 11 of 197 (10,730 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't install, please restart computer?

Community Manager
Hey all, if seeing this issue you can generally fix it by starting to download any free EA game such as Apex Legends. Once the download has started stop it and then try your other games.

Darko
Darko.png

View in thread

Message 48 of 197 (12,826 Views)

All Replies

I can't download Star Wars: Squadrons (Game Pass for PC)

★ Novice

Hi everyone:

I have EA Play through Xbox Game Pass for PC, but when I try to download Squadrons I get this message:

Unable to install
There was a slight hiccup and we couldn’t finish installing STAR WARS™: Squadrons. Restart your PC and try again.

I've tried restarting my PC, relogging, uninstalling and installing the app... Nothing has worked. I don't have this problem with other games.

However, I think I know what is going on. The app says "You own this game" when I do not, while for every other EA Play games it says "Included with your EA Play membership". I gifted Squadrons to a friend months ago, so I suspect that's what causing this bug.

Is there anything I can do other than wait for an update? I'd love to be able to play Squadrons.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 197 (9,059 Views)

Re: I can't download Star Wars: Squadrons (Game Pass for PC)

★★ Novice

I'm having this issue as well but for every game, including ones that it says I own. 

Message 2 of 197 (8,984 Views)

FAILED TO INSTALL GAME

★★★★ Novice

Can't install games via EA desktop

It's says:

"Unable to install There was a slight hiccup and we couldn’t finish installing Game Name Unavailable. Restart your PC and try again."

Had try many ways, just didn't work.

and the same problem happen in Origin.Angry

Message 3 of 197 (13,900 Views)

★★★★ Novice
report id: 55eff9ae-f194-4e3d-a219-01bf2779956d
Message 4 of 197 (13,874 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Not just EAplay's games, the game i bought have the same problem. 

UAC, ADMINS, change language, clean cache, blablablabla. DEPRESSED FAIL.

Message 5 of 197 (13,483 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I had the same issue with Fifa 21, tried everything that was suggested by support, then I finally stumbled upon a forum where someone said that using a VPN was suggested to him and he had not tried it. So with little expectation I connected to a US VPN and voila! it worked, and just a FYI, once the download has started you can disconnect the VPN and it will continue to download. Hope this works for you too.

Message 6 of 197 (13,451 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Finally, i find my solution:

Change install folder to your harddisk's main partition , problem solved.

My PC has 2 harddisk, separate C D E F G H.

C G H are main partition,D E F are logic partition.

When install folder set to DEF, 100% install fail.

If you don't konw which is main partition, try install in C, see if it would work.

Hope EA can fix it !

Message 7 of 197 (13,275 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@FoundYourselves bro thank you so much it worked for me now <3
Message 8 of 197 (13,203 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hello there.

On the german board i don't get help with this problem :'(

I changed the install folder to another Hard Disk drive. I changed it to the main partition, i cleared the caches, i reinstalled EA desktop and more...

I can't install Command and Conquer Remastered Collection and i become the errormessage with the "hiccup"...

On origin i have no permission to this game or i have to buy it... (Xbox Gamepass only)

Message 9 of 197 (12,018 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help