EC:10005 Login Bug - CANNOT LOGIN AT ALL

by bradalee21

Original Post

EC:10005 Login Bug - CANNOT LOGIN AT ALL

★★★ Novice

Product: EA Desktop
Platform:PC
Error Report ID (learn how to create an Error Report ID in the sticky post) EC:10005
Which client functionality are you experiencing this bug with? Other (Please Describe)
Please describe Cannot login to client at all
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 04/06/21 - all day
Summarize your bug EC:10005 error occurs every single time i try to login, so i cannot play anything related to the EA Play service.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Login to the client > you found the bug
What happens when the bug occurs? Error message pops up and i can't do anything else
What do you expect to see? The client actually work as described rather than locking me out of any and all content i've paid for.

Message 1 of 29 (3,398 Views)

Re: EC:10005 Login Bug - CANNOT LOGIN AT ALL

★★★ Novice

This is a completely unacceptable bug, you are literally preventing me from using services i have paid for. This needs fixed as apriority. 

Message 2 of 29 (3,355 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@bradalee21 Is your issue resolved? if yes, how?
Message 3 of 29 (3,341 Views)

★★★ Novice

It is not resolved at all. I have not been able to login even once. 

This client is an absolute joke, i could code a better one myself in a day, never mind a company the size of EA putting out a clearly not fit for purpose piece of trash, then having the gall to make it required to play games via Gamepass. 

Is this just never going to work, because if not this is theft by EA. 

Message 4 of 29 (3,284 Views)

EA SPORTS FC Team

Hi @bradalee21,

I've seen this error message happen when you're not able to connect at all. 

Have you tried turning off your proxies, VPN, firewall and anti-virus temporarily to see if that fixes it?

Jason.png
Message 5 of 29 (3,270 Views)

★★★ Novice

None of that fixes the issue at all. I also shouldn't have to make my computer vulnerable to launch a game client, that's an unacceptable requirement for any platform to ask its end user. 

Message 6 of 29 (3,249 Views)

EA SPORTS FC Team

I could be that third party software is interfering with logging in and that's why I want to check it, that way we can determine the source of the issue @bradalee21.

If you have tried what I suggested and it didn't work, then please try a Clean Boot of Windows and only start up EA Desktop, make sure that no other programs are launched. 

Jason.png
Message 7 of 29 (3,234 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Jason Same problem here, no solution with clean boot
Message 8 of 29 (3,195 Views)

★ Novice

Same, ive been having the same problem the last couple days, i have tried reinstalling the app and even just fresh installed windows and still not able to log in

Message 9 of 29 (3,183 Views)

★★★ Novice

Nothing works man, the launcher is terribly coded and in no way ready to be a retail product. Can you just get this fixed as a priority bug because this is preventing me from playing games i have paid for, it's absolutely pathetic and borderline criminal. 

Message 10 of 29 (3,107 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help