EA app error "DisplayName field missing from registry"

by Neon_James

Original Post

Re: Many Origin's "Could not activate" windows opening when EA App is

@SupahDario and @Gadmek  Then I'd suggest trying a clean boot:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows-da2f9573-6eec-00ad-...

When you reboot, go through the Task Manager's background processes list shutting down anything that doesn't absolutely need to be running, for example anything from MSI Afterburner to RGB software might still be active.  If you accidentally kill a critical process and it doesn't restart on its own, just reboot your computer again.

The one exception within to the clean boot process is the EABackgroundService: please do not disable this, or the EA App may not start at all.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 81 of 145 (1,070 Views)

Anthem not starting

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I was trying to play Anthem again, downloaded it. Keep getting an error message making me log in, that says "display name field missing from registry" I cannot find a solution at all. Twitter, forums, google, emails, nothing. I just want to play the game that I spent money on Frown like what is going on man. Why is this that hard to get help with.

Message 82 of 145 (1,160 Views)

Re: EA app error "DisplayName field missing from registry"

★★★ Newbie

Been having this issue for the past week didn't start until I upgraded my play to play pro quite annoying because it's a constant thing every 10 minutes or so

Message 83 of 145 (1,483 Views)

Re: Anthem not starting

Found that error message related to a different game run through Origin in this thread.

Hero puzzlezaddict wrote:

This message typically means that Origin can't verify your ownership of a game. Whether it's because Origin is having issues or your computer is blocking its connection to EA servers isn't always clear.

Are you signed into the same Origin account that originally installed Sims 4? If you use a third-party antivirus or firewall, have you set exceptions for Origin.exe and TS4_x64.exe?

You can also try repairing the game: open your Origin game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair. When you do this, run Origin as an admin: right-click on its shortcut and select "Run as administrator." Run both Origin and Sims 4 as an admin when you try to play as well.

SD Signature Banner

Message 84 of 145 (1,131 Views)

Re: Could not activate DisplyName

★ Guide
@EA_Vendcera I googled this and it seems like this happens every once in a while. Is there anymore the EA launcher teams can say about this?
Message 85 of 145 (1,609 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same issue. Just switched from Origin to EA app and this pops up all the time. No idea what game it means. I should never have switched since Origin was WORKING FINE!

Message 86 of 145 (1,536 Views)

★★ Novice

Getting the same issue. Tried this method with NFS Unbound, doesn't work.

Message 87 of 145 (1,545 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I uninstalled that EA-App piece of garbage. Origin much better

Message 88 of 145 (1,547 Views)

We could not activate DisplayName missing field missing from registry.

★★★ Newbie

Hi all,

Every time i start BF1 on EA App i get this error message:
Could not activate DisplayName missing from registry.

How can i get rid of this? it even appears like 4-5 times.

Message 89 of 145 (1,119 Views)

Could not activate pop up

★★★ Novice

Product: The EA app
Platform:PC
Error Report ID (learn how to create an Error Report ID in the sticky post)
Which client functionality are you experiencing this bug with? Application Navigation
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) all the time
Summarize your bug window keeps popping about activation problem since EA app replace origin
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? open EA app
What happens when the bug occurs? activation widows pops up
What do you expect to see? no window

Since I was force to replace Origin by the EA app, i keep getting this popup over and over again

Message 90 of 145 (929 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help