EA app error "DisplayName field missing from registry"

by Neon_James

Original Post

Accepted Solution

EA app error "DisplayName field missing from registry"

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi,

I am not able to play my game anymore due to this informative message. I have tried most things that the internet is suggesting but to no luck.

This seems to be an old issue for many people, so I was wondering if anyone here might have a tip or two. 

Was planing to spend my weekend gaming, so any help would be much appreciated. 

The best of regards

Message 22 of 145 (10,802 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: "Could Not Activate" – Battlefield 1 (Trial) despite owning full g

Community Manager

Hi everyone,

The EA app dev teams have rolled out an update for the EA app that should fix this issue.

The fix is implemented in version 12.77 (or above) of the EA app. 

Please check if your EA app is up to date. You can do so by clicking the hamburger menu in the top-left corner of the EA app, followed by clicking on 'About'.

Capture.PNG

If you see a lower number at the end, please run the 'EA Updater' that should also be installed on your PC (comes with the installation of the EA app).

Please let us know if you're still experiencing the issue.

If you're still experiencing this issue, please collect some EA app logs and generate an EA app Error Reporter ID and share the Error ID with us here in the thread.

The EA app logs can be found in C:\ProgramData\EA Desktop\Logs & C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Electronic Arts\EA Desktop\Logs, please put those logs into a .rar or .zip file and attach them to your report in this thread.

Thank you.

EA_LeeuwAHQ

View in thread

Message 102 of 145 (9,942 Views)

All Replies

DisplayName field missing from registry error

★★★ Apprentice

Every time I try to play in offline mode, I keep getting a "DisplayName field missing from registry" error.  I paid for all of my DLC through Origin and spent around $1,000 for these games, and I have a couple of thousand hours of played time clocked in so I don't know why it's suddenly asking me for this information when it never has before.  I don't want to play in online mode because I don't want to update my game with the new patch yet.  I want to play with my mods as long as possible - until my favourite mods are confirmed to be updated for the latest patch.  It's like Origin is trying to force me to update my game before I'm ready to.  I haven’t done anything different– I logged into my Origin account the same as I always do.  In fact, I played the game earlier today with no issue.  What’s going on and how do I fix this?

Message 1 of 145 (8,744 Views)

Anthem DisplayName Field Missing From Registry

★★ Novice

Hi, 

I recently found that i can play again anthem, as i played since alpha / beta days, i logged to my EA account (RIP origin) and the game is in my library (i played with origin acces), i sibbed again to ea play but the game doesnt start and says that the cannot activate DisplayName Field Missing From Registry, asking me to log in with the account that i used to buy the game, and now i'm stuck. what should i do?

Thanks, 

xoxo

Message 2 of 145 (9,029 Views)

Re: Anthem DisplayName Field Missing From Registry

Community Manager

Hi @asgorl We might be running into entitlement issues, have you had a moment to speak with our support about your account?

• EA Help website - Live Support (Phone, Chat, Email) 
  • Twitter - Select the message icon to get assistance   

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 3 of 145 (8,998 Views)

★★★ Newbie

im having the same issue as well and i cant get customer support as well, please assist.

Message 4 of 145 (8,947 Views)

Activation prompt window Battlefield 1

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Product: The EA app
Platform:PC
Error Report ID (learn how to create an Error Report ID in the sticky post) 36bef6d4-1643-49f0-9423-ae4e8cc38566
Which client functionality are you experiencing this bug with? Launch Game
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 12.11.22 02:03
Summarize your bug Activation error battlefield 1 every time when i reset cache i get this window ;]
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? install battlefield 1 and clear ea app cache
What happens when the bug occurs? 4 window open
What do you expect to see? Nothing just activated game.

here is img

Message 5 of 145 (10,512 Views)

Community Manager
@desolae Are you unable to reach a support agent, or what happens when you try to make a support case?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 6 of 145 (8,901 Views)

Redeemed Game code but game shows I'm on a trial version for 10 hours

★ Novice

Does anyone know if it should still state I'm on a trial even though I've redeemed a code for the game???

Also I get a box that pops up saying "displayname field missing from registry" and it wants me to log into Origins which has now shutdown.

Message 7 of 145 (8,317 Views)

Re: Redeemed Game code but game shows I'm on a trial version for 10 hours

Community Manager

@Ultra_Rikuu 

If you have two separate installs, one for the trial and one for the 'main' game, uninstall the trial then reboot and retry playing.

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 8 of 145 (8,277 Views)

Re: Redeemed Game code but game shows I'm on a trial version for 10 hours

★ Novice
@EA_Barry I can only see one icon for the game and it is the trial version. There is no icon or option to install the full game even though it has been redeemed on my account.
Message 9 of 145 (8,265 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help