Re: EA Play Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer DLC missing on PC.

by EA_Jason

Original Post

EA Play Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer DLC missing on PC.

★★ Novice

I downloaded EA play because of Game pass Ultimate PC. I saw that I could play Mass Effect 3 and got excited because I wanted to try the multiplayer with some friends. We quickly noticed that the only DLC is From Ashes which is single player only. My question is the other DLC just not available? I remember the multiplayer DLC being free back when I played on Xbox. Me and a few friends cannot find a way to download the DLC and it has been bugging us because we really love the multiplayer in the game. So I tried buying the DLC bundle from origin hoping that would fix things since it was only $11 and that still didn't change anything. I know that the remaster is coming out, but I know that's not coming with multiplayer and this is the only way to play with my friends as of right now.

Message 1 of 12 (3,609 Views)

★ Novice

From what I can gather, the Origin version of ME3 will let you download the individual multiplayer DLCs with an "Extra Content" tab on the game's page once it's installed. For some reason, the EA Desktop app doesn't give access to that tab to let you download it.

Hopefully they can address this sooner than later, until then, I'll add my support as a former-360-player-would-be-PC-player who would like to poke around the game again via Game Pass Ultimate.

Message 2 of 12 (3,292 Views)

★★★ Newbie

so you find any way? any other way of fixing this?

Message 3 of 12 (2,630 Views)

EA SPORTS FC Team

It's something that I have seen before in other games too, whenever there is a bundle with all the DLC included then you can't find the DLC tab in EA Desktop to download the additional DLC. 

I have brought this up with the team and it is being looked into. Please keep in mind that EA Desktop is still in Beta and we are working hard to implement new features in the future. 

If you would like to see the updates for EA Desktop and what were are working on, then please check out our Trello board:

https://trello.com/b/tSV7CSSH/ea-desktop-roadmap

Jason.png
Message 4 of 12 (2,603 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@EA_Jason Just so we're clear it's now a year later and I am currently still experiencing this issue.
Message 5 of 12 (1,760 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @ViOlEnCe909 the EA App is still in Beta, as such things may not work as expected and new content and additions are being added all the time.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 6 of 12 (1,743 Views)

★ Novice

Has there been any justification for charging players for a premium service while funneling it through a barely functional application in beta?

Message 7 of 12 (1,705 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @onilugs of unhappy with the EA App then you can still use Origin for all your games.

I've been using the EA App for over a year now and rarely if ever have issues.

If seeing issues then we can help you troubleshoot.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 8 of 12 (1,694 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi @EA_Darko. I understand the EA App is still in Beta, but this has been a known issue for over a year. When can we expect to have access to the full Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer downloadable content when accessing the game through the EA App / Game Pass?

Message 9 of 12 (1,453 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @HandfulOfKarn as the EA App is still in beta then we would not have a time frame for when it will leave beta and all items and games work as epxected.

For the time being, you can continue to use Origin to access any game you are having issues with.

Dakro 

Darko.png
Message 10 of 12 (1,348 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help