EA Name shows in lowercase and without underscore in games when using EA Desktop

by Cave_Waverider

Original Post

EA Name shows in lowercase and without underscore in games when using EA Desktop

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: EA Desktop
Platform:PC
Error Report ID (learn how to create an Error Report ID in the sticky post) -
Which client functionality are you experiencing this bug with? Player Profile
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 18.03.2021
Summarize your bug My EA Account Name doesn't appear correctly in games when playing the game through the EA Desktop App. Instead of "Cave_Waverider" the name appears as "cavewaverider" in game (Star Wars Squadrons, etc.). It looks fine in the EA Desktop App Client. The Social Name doesn't appear either. Using the old Origin client, the EA Name appears fine in the same games.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use a EA Name with caps and/or underscores.
What happens when the bug occurs? The name appears all lowercase and without the underscore and together.
What do you expect to see? The EA Name to appear properly (although I wouldn't mind if the "_" underscore was replaced by a Space instead).

Bug with EA Account names only when playing through the new EA Desktop App. Using Origin displays the name fine.

Message 1 of 3 (527 Views)

Re: EA Name shows in lowercase and without underscore in games when using EA Des

★ Novice

Same here mine appears as d4vone. EA Desktop sucks

Message 2 of 3 (427 Views)

Re: EA Name shows in lowercase and without underscore in games when using EA Des

EA SPORTS FC Team

Hi @Cave_Waverider,

Thank you for letting us know, I have seen the same thing happen in Apex Legends and I have passed it on to the correct teams to be investigated. 

Jason.png
Message 3 of 3 (368 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help