Re: EA Desktop asks me to download a game that was already downloaded and instal

by GODJonez

Original Post

EA Desktop asks me to download a game that was already downloaded and installed

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: EA Desktop
Platform:PC
Error Report ID (learn how to create an Error Report ID in the sticky post) 00516d4d-eb2f-4362-a589-dce7b74bf366
Which client functionality are you experiencing this bug with? Launch Game
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 19.02.21 22:15
Summarize your bug I previously downloaded and installed Mirror's Edge Catalyst successfully with EA Desktop client. Now that I wanted to play it, EA Desktop claims I should download the game even though it's already installed. Attempting to download fails right away because the destination folder already contains all the game files.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure how to reliably repro, but: 1. Install a game with EA Desktop through EA Play subscription 2. Lose EA Play subscription 3. Get license for the game again 4. Try to launch the game
What happens when the bug occurs? I see the screen that asks me to download the game.
What do you expect to see? I would expect to see the button to launch the game.

I attached a screenshot which shows the problem screen.

Message 1 of 2 (396 Views)

Re: EA Desktop asks me to download a game that was already downloaded and instal

★ Guide

Follow up.

I got updated client 12.0.48-4848-2758e60a0 which changed the situation a bit.

Now attempting to download the game, it didn't give an error. Instead it got stuck at "Calculating download time" step. The app itself was responsive, but the download status wouldn't change from that, and there was no activity to speak of.

After I exit the EAD application and restarted, suddenly the download status was "Download complete". However, the game is still not playable because it's still in downloading, with the "Download complete" status, with the progress spinning forever with no change. Also, at this point, another game that was already previously listed as not installed even though it was installed, was now showing as ready to play.

Further restarts do not seem to get EA Desktop unstuck from finalizing the installation. The game is still shown as Downloading with "Download complete" as the progress message.

Message 2 of 2 (337 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help