Original Post

Re: Can't install EA Desktop.

★ Novice
@Silversnowz Hey, thank's! It worked!

What I did:
1. installed the .msi downloaded from the link;
2. opened my Xbox app and clicked to open the EA Play;
3. He asked my EA credentials;
4. Running fine EA Play and installing games!

Thank you very mutch.
Message 61 of 402 (10,012 Views)

[Maybe is a bug]I cannot install ea desktop.

★★ Novice

I didn't uninstall through the official uninstaller, now I can't reinstall it .My xbox app and ea desktop installer both displayed installed status.But I did not install.

Message 62 of 402 (12,489 Views)

Re: Xbox Game Pass for PC EA Desktop Error

★★ Novice

Hello,

I have the exact same problem :/

Message 63 of 402 (12,490 Views)

Re: EA Desktop Fails to Re-install Due to Thinking it's Still on the Computer

★★★ Novice

I have the exact same issue. The EA help team spent a fair bit of time trying to help me but ultimately we couldn't find how to fix it. I was advised to uninstall using revo and I can't install it again. 

This may not help the bug team but for me EABackgroundService service is still on the PC (stopped status) and I can't restart and stop it (or kill it). All the details of what EA help team and I went through are in my case 78283402.

Has there been any resolution yet for you @MattewIsHere  @QuietAtom or @Dynamite101  - I'm curious as I noticed you were posting the issue in November last year.

Message 64 of 402 (19,067 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Getting the same issue. Can't find any trace of the application on my PC but thinks its still installed. 

I know its in BETA but the issues with EA Desktop is ridiculous.  

Message 65 of 402 (18,773 Views)

@KnVCRAZYLOL @hardcold29950 @IsaacWangTT @tugberktok 

Look at this thread, either delete the registry entry in post #14 or if you don't feel comfortable to edit the Registry by hand use CCleaner as described in post #13.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 66 of 402 (10,639 Views)

★★★ Novice
@holger1405 I did look at that thread and tried them already as i mentioned but sadly they did not work. Honestly i don't know what else i can do. Service is new and beta these kind of things are normal. But that fact doesn't change the reality which EA Play on game pass currently unavailable for people like me.
Message 67 of 402 (10,582 Views)

★ Apprentice

@asder8ea I did actually manage to fix it in the end but it was by completely reinstalling my windows :/ its a less than good answer but its the only thing that worked here's hoping they fix it eventually!

Message 68 of 402 (16,921 Views)

★ Apprentice

@asder8ea @Trigg_82 there might be a possible solution for you though however as I heard that some people managed to fix it with a program called Revo Uninstaller, I believe  it deletes loose files and registry edits of programs for a complete clean install maybe that might be worth a try?

Message 69 of 402 (16,919 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Tried Revo, I use it anyway. Its not listed on there as an installed program though so thats not an option. 

Message 70 of 402 (16,913 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help