Re: EA Desktop İnstaller Doesn't Start

by polskirosjanin1

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

well i didnt wanted to share the link because EA keeps the app upto date so i rather you guys to it the hard way and find the latest installer every time.

glad it worked for you guys took me about 3-4 days to figure out how to find it.

Message 31 of 402 (12,689 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@polskirosjanin1 MSI Files usually doesnt do what a normal installer does, EA might want to add additional registery files for windows and makes it, or let the player customized it much better, also terms of usage inside the normal installer and not in the MSI version. theres plenty of reasons why. it up to EA to configure the installer as they like.

overall MSI files just boring but does the trick
Message 32 of 402 (12,691 Views)

★★ Novice

You wanna say that MSI files has got more priviliges when we talk about system, am I right? I understand that normal installers has got many restrictions from system, so these can't make any bigger changes like registry configuration, which are often made by apps just for users comfort with no manual linking paths. Moreover, many programs and apps needs access for system files that are restricted, so normal installer would be just blocked and couldn't install needed for it's functionality files and resources. Honestly, I should have knew that, I had always thought that MSI files are just another type of installer files, but as I see now these have a bigger role. Thanks for explanation.

Message 33 of 402 (12,665 Views)

Re: EA Desktop App installer won't open

★ Novice
@XxGabin971xX Thanks, it worked for mee too
Message 34 of 402 (11,487 Views)

★★ Novice
@XxGabin971xX Thank you, worked for me too
Message 35 of 402 (11,424 Views)

★ Novice
@XxGabin971xX Thank you!
Message 36 of 402 (11,559 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@XxGabin971xX Thank you, this still isn't fixed today. With your workaround the installation worked, but now the app is crashing on start. This looks like a hot pile of garbage..
Message 37 of 402 (11,182 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here. Re-installed the app today and after opening get nothing. Maybe a big update due to the GamePass integration?

Message 38 of 402 (11,184 Views)

EA Desktop won't reinstall even after all its files are deleted

★★ Novice

Product: EA Desktop
Platform:PC
Error Report ID (learn how to create an Error Report ID in the sticky post)
Which client functionality are you experiencing this bug with? Application Installer
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 18.03.21 16.00
Summarize your bug The installer still thinks that EA Desktop is installed on my computer which means that I can't install it.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? -Manually delete EA Desktop's files -Start EADesktopInstaller.exe
What happens when the bug occurs? The installer states that EA Desktop is still installed and prompts you to launch EA Desktop. Clicking "Launch EA Desktop" closes the installer and nothing happens.
What do you expect to see? EA Desktop installing.

After manually deleting EA Desktop's files, the app won't reinstall because it thinks it is still installed on the computer leading to the "EA Desktop is already installed" message. Clicking "Launch EA Desktop" will simply close the installer and nothing will happen. Even after using a 3rd party uninstaller like Revo Uninstaller, the installer will still say that EA Desktop is already installed.

Message 39 of 402 (11,161 Views)

★★★ Newbie

wha did u do? , cuz here, after the instalation, the app do not open!

Message 40 of 402 (11,120 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help