Re: EA Desktop won't reinstall even after all its files are deleted

by AngelGroveet

Original Post

Re: Reinstallation Problems

EA SPORTS FC Team

I have merged your topic into this one @Morgborg7205.

There are some suggestions in this topic on how to fix this, but the one that I've seen that has the most success is using the Microsoft Troubleshooter and removing EA Desktop or the "Name not available" app. 

• Click on this link
  • Follow the instructions.
Jason.png
Message 241 of 402 (1,054 Views)

Re: EA Desktop İnstaller Doesn't Start

★★★★★ Newbie
@MrRooTMe love you <3 thx for help
Message 242 of 402 (1,008 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@MrRooTMe broh ya hice lo que hiciste se me descargo y pude instalar ahora la aplicacion no me abre que debo hacer
Message 243 of 402 (996 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Gggght54rds lograste una solucion?
Message 244 of 402 (997 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Polski_Rosjanin 1 s
Message 245 of 402 (991 Views)

Re: EA Desktop won't reinstall even after all its files are deleted

★★★ Newbie

<Ok so im sharing it after plenty of tries to install the app aswell but no luck, ive tried everything and theres actually a workaround for it : first of all you have to install EA Desktop app and let it crash, then you have to go to your windows folder and locate the "Temp" folder inside it. if you cant find it, you should see an instance on task manager that called "EA Desktop Installer" <-- just end the tasks related to it (P.S - if you cant find Temp folder on windows just go to file explorer and type on the Location bar %Temp% and its should be leading you to appdata's temp folder) after you found the temp folder you need to find on one of the long naming folders (mine was {B35FA053-8EEE-47F1-AEB6-E41C35EB9C6C} but yours can be different. if you want to speed up the search, delete everything on the temp folder ) youll seek a subfolder called ".ba", enter that folder and theres a file called "BootstrapperApplicationData.xml" Open it with Wordpad or notepad and seek the line that starting like that: "<WixPayloadProperties Payload="EADesktop.msi" Package="EADesktop.msi" on that specific line theres a URL to download an windows installer version of the app. open that URL and youll download the EA Desktop app as and .msi extension and you can run this installer instead and it will complete the install that the previous installer failed to install. Hopefully its not something against the rules, just want to help the community right now as workaround instead the offical installer right now.> that work for me.

1. Press the Windows key and type "Regedit" and press enter
  2. Collapse all the folders on the left sidebar
  3. Expand the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" folder
  4. Scroll down and expand the "Electronic Arts" folder
  5. Click the EA Desktop older (don't expand it yet)
  6. Look at every registry file and delete the ones that contain any reference to EA Desktop
  7. Expand the EA Desktop folder
  8. Click the InstallLocation folder
  9. Delete any registry file that contains any references to EA Desktop

After having done this, open the application from the desktop if it does not open, open the task manager, look for it and give it to finish task, after this we go to the desktop again and look for the application "EA Desktop" We right click and open file location there will show us the EALauncher but we will look for the application "EADesktop" and open it as a task manager, and with this it could work for them.

Message 246 of 402 (1,026 Views)

★★★ Newbie

OMG THIS FIXED MY PROBLEM TYSM!!!!! Standard smile

Message 247 of 402 (1,070 Views)

EA SPORTS FC Team
@ElMantl07 You're very welcome, enjoy!
Jason.png
Message 248 of 402 (1,040 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Jason I've tried everything in this thread now and nothing works, how can you guys release it in this state
Message 249 of 402 (1,028 Views)

Re: h

★ Novice

This worked for me,
I deleted all registry files related to EA Desktop and its working now

Message 250 of 402 (1,024 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help