Re: EA Desktop Game Library Not Updating with Current Games Library

by MickeyConway

Original Post

EA Desktop Game Library Not Updating with Current Games Library

★ Novice

I came across a problem that EA Desktop doesn't have the updated Games Library I brought over with me from the Origin platform. 

The Games Library on Origin I have on the Games Library: Apex Legends, Star Wars Battlefront 2, and Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order.

The Games on EA Desktop has outdated games that I have removed permanently from my EA account Games Library. The names of the outdated games that should not be showing up in my Games Library are: Dead Space, Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, Mass Effect 3. It also has the only 3 games I own on my account which are: Apex Legends, Star Wars Battlefront 2, and Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order.

Please help solve this bug or problem with the Games Library not displaying Current Purchased/Owned Games properly. 

Message 1 of 10 (1,955 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hey there Mickey,

This has been an issue that's been unaddressed for a long, long time (I stopped using EA Desktop about 5 months ago because of this issue), and I'm in a similar boat to you (perhaps only moreso).

According to the Origin I have the following titles in my library:

1. Apex Legends
  2. Burnout Paradise Ultimate Box
  3. Command & Conquer - Red Alert 2
  4. Crysis Warhead
  5. Crysis
  6. Crysis 2 Maximum Edition
  7. Crysis 3 Hunter Edition
  8. Dead in Bermuda
  9. Dead Space
  10. Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition
  11. Dragon Age II
  12. Dragon Age: Inquisition Game of the Year Edition
  13. Dungeon Keeper
  14. Jade Empire: Special Edition
  15. Mass Effect
  16. Mass Effect 2 - Plus following DLC:
    Aegis Pack
    Alternate Appearance Pack 1
    Alternate Appearance Pack 2
    Arrival
    Blood Dragon Armour for Mass Effect 2
    Cerberus Arc Projector
    Cerberus Network
    Cerberus Weapon and Armour
    Collector's Weapon and Armour
    Equiliser Pack
    Firepower Pack
    Firewalker Pack
    Genesis
    Kasumi - Stolen Memory
    Liar of the Shadow Broker
    Mass Effect 2 Digital Art Books
    Mass Effect 2 Documentary
    Mass Effect 2 Soundtrack
    Normandy Crash Site
    Overlord Pack
    Recon Hood
    Sentry Interface
    Terminus Weapon and Armour
    Umbra Visor
    Zaeed - The Price of Revenge
  17. Mass Effect 3 - Plus following DLC:
    Alternate Appearance Pack 1
    Citadel
    Earth
    Extended Cut
    Firefight Pack
    From Ashes
    Genesis 2
    Groundside Resistance Pack
    Leviathan
    Mass Effect Digital Books
    Mass Effect 3 Soundtrack
    N7 Collector's Edition Materials
    Omega
    Rebellion
    Reckoning
    Retalliation
    The Final Hours of Mass Effect 3
  18. Mass Effect 3 Digital Deluxe Edition
  19. Mass Effect Andromeda
  20. Mass Effect Legendary Edition
  21. Medal of Honour Pacific Assault
  22. Nox
  23. Plants vs. Zombies
  24. SimCity Complete Edition
  25. SimCity 2000 Special Edition
  26. Star Wars Battlefront Ultimate Edition
  27. Star Wars Battlefront II Elite Trooper Deluxe Edition
  28. Star Wars: Squadrons
  29. SteamWorld Dig
  30. The Sims 4 (Plus all DLC)
  31. Theme Hospital
  32. Wing Commander III Heart of the Tiger

When I install and start EA Desktop, on the other hand, my library suddenly shrinks down to this lot:

1. Apex Legends
  2. Crysis
  3. Crysis 2
  4. Dead Space
  5. Dragon Age: Origins
  6. Dragon Age 2
  7. Dragon Age: Inquisition
  8. Dungeon Keeper
  9. Jade Empire: Special Edition
  10. Mass Effect 3
  11. Mass Effect: Andromeda
  12. Mass Effect Legendary Edition
  13. Medal of Honour Pacific Assault
  14. Plants vs. Zombies
  15. SimCity
  16. SimCity 2000
  17. Star Wars Battlefront
  18. Star Wars Battlefront II
  19. Star Wars: Squadrons
  20. The Sims 4
  21. Theme Hospital

Suffice to say that EA Desktop still needs a lot of work to be able to match the Origin desktop client with regard to accuracy and completeness of any user library its attached to.  Going to uninstall this effort and try again in about 6 months or so - Maybe the developers will have done something a little more substantial about this issue by then (other than trying to pour water up a rope)...

Regards,

Doug

Message 2 of 10 (1,730 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

My original (and detailed) comment in support of the OP was marked off as being spam.  I'll summarise my response:

1. This exact same issue is what forced me to uninstall the EA Desktop app 5 months ago, after 2 or 3 months of putting up with it after installation.
  2. My Origin game library contains 32 games and a boat-load of DLC.
  3. Today the EA Desktop library (still) only reports the existence of a portion of my games.  (21 out of 32, which is an improvement over 17 or 18 out of 31, I suppose...)
  4. I then expressed some healthy skepticism towards the notion that this bug would actually be fixed in a timely manner.  (Let's be honest, it doesn't even get listed as a problem in the FAQ about "Known Issues" despite multiple posts reporting the same thing from different people).

Silencing deservedly earned criticism due to a demonstrated lack of action towards fixing an issue that's been ongoing for 6+ months by arbitrarily labelling it as "spam" and then deleting it is not how you effectively manage a problem.  It's how you deny that a problem exists and it's how you alienate and annoy people.

Message 3 of 10 (1,760 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @MickeyConway and @OddlyLemming, as EA Desktop is currently in Open Beta then there are a number of features and elements that may not be reflective of the end product. Some games are currently not supported in the Beta but game support continues to grow and when the program leaves Beta then it will support all EA games. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 10 (1,726 Views)

★ Novice

All I would like to know is if this problem will be addressed and is now on the radar of bugs to fix making the library accurate to the current games the player has in the Origin Launcher to have been matched correctly when fully transitioned to the EA Desktop Application. This problem should be dealt with before the EA Desktop Application goes live to the Public.  I know you say it says "EA Desktop is currently in Open Beta then there are a number of features and elements that may not be reflective of the end product. Some games are currently not supported in the Beta but game support continues to grow and when the program leaves Beta then it will support all EA games. " but my issue is it shows games that I don't own that list of games on my account and games obviously show up on the EA Desktop Application which is how it is supposed to work but the problem is the accuracy to reflect the current player's game library. Just the accuracy needs to be addressed to solve this issue its that simple. Can you make a commitment to have this on the Team's radar and have it solved by the time the Application is fully launched?

Message 5 of 10 (1,719 Views)

★★ Novice

We're in 2022, this is still a thing...

Message 6 of 10 (1,184 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@EA_DarkoOkay, here we are in 2023 and EA Play is being rammed down our collective throats. I'll let you know if I still have access to only 21 of the 32 games in my Origin Library.

If EA pays me $5.00, I'll even allow you access to my moderated language response in my reply...

Message 7 of 10 (692 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey guys, I found a solution that might help someone.
First of all I won't miss the opportunity to say that EA is a terrible company, I just don't understand how simple things can be done so badly.

Now to the problem. Earlier, someone here mentioned that along with this problem, Windows showed No Internet Access.
I had this problem with EA for a very long time, but I solved the "No Internet Access" problem and everything worked great.
I hope someone will help.

I did it according to this guide:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3CkXHgj6Ig

Message 8 of 10 (632 Views)

★★★ Newbie

is it still in open beta because I still have this issue

Message 9 of 10 (466 Views)

★★★ Newbie

2023 still a thing

Message 10 of 10 (465 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help