Message 181 of 402 (12,390 Views)

Re: EA Desktop Fails to Re-install Due to Thinking it's Still on the Computer

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@Strikerildo1OMG, Thank you!

Message 182 of 402 (12,295 Views)

Re: EA Desktop İnstaller Doesn't Start

★★★ Newbie
@RandomAmnesia Thanks finally something. I cried my soul out in the process to finding some solution >_<.
Message 183 of 402 (12,789 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@Rhutarrr Could you explain what you did after deleting HK local machine Electronic arts? 

Message 184 of 402 (12,410 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@FerhanDn just wanted to say, this was the one thing that worked and im reinstalling ea desktop, thanks for doing ea/microsofts job for them!
Message 185 of 402 (12,395 Views)

Re: EA desktop Can't reinstall after manualy delete all files

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

@hbenedek30 You are the best bro! Worked 100%

Thanks!

I've tried the accepted solution about deleting the regedit folder, but that didn't worked.

Message 186 of 402 (13,208 Views)

Re: h

★★★ Newbie

Thanks a lot man it Worked !!!!

Message 187 of 402 (13,626 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I always recommend deleting as many traces as you're comfortable messing with.

However, the problem with the "installer" you are all using is that it isn't actually an installer, but moreover a launcher that detects files, then either adds or triggers the installer in your program data files. Unfortunately it won't trigger the installer if there's traces left-over, but you can manually launch it yourself.

So, if you're seeing this message then you've already installed the game and this file should be in your computer.

To install it, simply follow the steps below:

Open Windows Explorer (or press Win+E), then copy and paste the following filepath into the navigation bar:

C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\{C2622085-ABD2-49E5-8AB9-D3D6A642C091}v12.0.58.4866

Double click on the file in the folder called "EADesktop-12.0.58.4866-242.msi"

This will launch a legacy version of the installer that will allow you to choose an install location and just install it the old fashioned way.

If future users encounter this problem there may be different versions of the app with a slightly different name (like EADesktop-12.1.62.2112-344.msi). That's fine, you'll know the file when you see it. If this happens, the directory may change as well.

If the directory I listed above doesn't work, then follow these steps:

Navigate to C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\

Then run a query for "EA Desktop" in Explorer's search function.

You'll see a folder that looks like the "{C2622085-ABD2-49E5-8AB9-D3D6A642C091}v12.0.58.4866" folder you see listed above, but with different characters.

You'll also see something with EADesktop quoted as being in it. That's your folder. Open that folder and run the msi installer inside.

After installing, simply restart your computer and launch EA Desktop from the Start menu.

From there, I recommend looking up how to use EA's programs to uninstall the app should any future errors occur. This way you don't run into the same issues again.

Hope this helps!! =)

ps: if you can't find the folder nor the installer, then I've uploaded the file to my Google Drive. I will keep it there until EA Desktop goes out of Beta

Message 188 of 402 (14,656 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Message 189 of 402 (14,743 Views)

★★ Novice

thank u so much!!! this really help me. all you have to do is run the file on program data and remove it and re-download and you'll be back to business. 

Message 190 of 402 (14,695 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help