EA Desktop Background Services not disabled using toggle in Application Settings

by codebluetm

Original Post

Re: EA Desktop Background Services not disabled using toggle in Application Sett

★ Apprentice

I have it set to manual and it still starts itself automatically AT SOME POINT after startup. It must be using another service to start itself up automatically, which is just as scummy -if not more- as having an "option" to disable it in the app that doesn't do anything

Message 11 of 48 (5,652 Views)

Re: EA Desktop Background Services not disabled using toggle in Application Sett

★★★ Novice
@RevengeOfGibbon for me the background services is turned off in the settings but in task manager it is still there (even after restart) and the only way I can launch the app is through the xbox app.
Message 12 of 48 (5,545 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

EA, if you had a more consumer friendly approach, I might actually subscribe to EA Play Pro. Do you want my $15/mo? Then stop the shenanigans.

Message 13 of 48 (5,411 Views)

Re: How do I stop EA Desktop from running in the background?

★★★ Newbie
@NetriosiIver why does this not have an answer????????
Message 14 of 48 (4,852 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Because nobody at EA wants us to be able to stop it from running in the background. Just uninstall it, their games are crap anyway.

Message 15 of 48 (4,826 Views)

EA DICE Team

Right click the icon on the task bar and click exist @NetriosiIver 

image.png

/Atic

Message 16 of 48 (4,726 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Of course I know that, every time I do that it makes me manually log back in again. I shouldn't have to use task manager to stop this bloatware from running 24/7, which it has no reason to do whatsoever.
Message 17 of 48 (4,710 Views)

★★★ Newbie

its absolutely ludicrous that this is still an issue. im 100% certain EA intended this feature. im also certain they will never "fix" it 

Message 18 of 48 (4,792 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same Problem. I dont play a lot of ea games, so i'll just uninstall this store till this gets fixed. I double checked that i have the background process set to off but its always running.

image.png

Message 19 of 48 (4,524 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Still not fixed.

Typical EA. Absolute joke.

Message 20 of 48 (4,388 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help