EA Background Services does not close, and reopens when not given permission to

by ThePizzaMan0123

Original Post

EA Background Services does not close, and reopens when not given permission to

★★★ Novice

Product: The EA app
Platform:PC
Error Report ID (learn how to create an Error Report ID in the sticky post) None
Which client functionality are you experiencing this bug with? Other (Please Describe)
Please describe EA Background Services operation in task manager
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Every day
Summarize your bug I haven't opened the EA app in months and I regularly shut down my PC, restarting for updates etc as required. I looked in Windows task manager today to see the EA Background Services operation running.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Look in task manager.
What happens when the bug occurs? The EA Background Services runs when the app is closed, and before it is even opened.
What do you expect to see? Not that.

I haven't opened the EA app in months and I regularly shut down my PC, restarting for updates etc as required. I looked in Windows task manager today to see the EA Background Services operation running.

It shouldn't be doing this. I have asked the app not to open on start-up, I have asked the app to stop the app when I hit the X, and I disabled automatic start-up in task manager. Why am I still seeing the EA Background Services operation in my task manager? 

I checked the Windows Services tool and it displays as 'manual' start-up, but clearly it's ignoring this. Disabling the background services operation stops the EA app from working altogether, which I don't want, as I do use it sporadically. 

Looked at a few threads but it looks like this hasn't been addressed still. I do not want EA to use my computer when I have clearly expressed a desire for me to manually decide when I want to use EA services.

Message 1 of 1 (206 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help