EA Background Service opens up every time the PC is on.

by Sharples65

Original Post

EA Background Service opens up every time the PC is on.

★★★ Guide

Product: EA Desktop
Platform:PC
Error Report ID (learn how to create an Error Report ID in the sticky post)
Which client functionality are you experiencing this bug with? Launch Game
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 02.03.22 14:30
Summarize your bug The 'EA Background Service' automatically starts every time the PC loads up. Not only is this causing unnecessary bloatware of system usage. It also creates a problem where an Origin game will conflict because the EA Background Service is blocking access to launch. The solution to see is to default this service to only load up when the EA app is loaded up instead of having it up at system start. Requiring users to mess around in the 'services' tab and disable the EABackgroundService is not a good solution.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Have both EA App and Origin installed. 2. Load up Origin and attempt to launch game with EA Background Service in task manager upon PC start. 3. Confirm conflict.
What happens when the bug occurs? You cannot load up an Origin game until the EA Background Service in task manager is disabled. It uses up unnecessary resources as the EA App is not being used.
What do you expect to see? The EA Background Service must only load up when the EA app loads up and not upon PC start.

No extra information needed.

Message 1 of 2 (1,879 Views)

Betreff: EA Background Service opens up every time the PC is on.

★★★ Newbie

Hi

(If you don't want the application to start automatically, you need to go to the registration)
I saw this article because I had the same problem with this application running in the background unintentionally. on the part of ea one is known to be left stupid. short speech long sense... the solution to the riddle lies in the registry. maybe you know that you can assign application shortcuts to commands like "E:\Installed Games\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +restart 1 etc. ea did the same with EABackgroundService.exe. However, directly in the registry. here the solution. open regedit and search for EABackgroundService. now look where in "ImagePath" "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EA Desktop\EA Desktop\EABackgroundService.exe" -start <- this start command is specified and delete it. "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EA Desktop\EA Desktop\EABackgroundService.exe" <- this is what it looks like now. now the secret autostart is gone and this application only starts with the main application of the ea app. i would like to write to others with this problem... i would love to do it, but my native language is not english and i had everything translated with the translator.
if you have any questions, please write to me.
regards

Message 2 of 2 (626 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help