Download button not working

by Pullpaffy

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi guys,
so I installed the app today on 2021-11-04 from the web page so I assume that I got the newest version. I got it because I wanted to play a game visible in gamepass. The issue(Download button not working) kept happening to me and I was able to fix it in the end.
What did it for me is:

1. Close Ea play desktop app

2. Restart EABackgroundService through Service tab in Task Manager (I wanted to look into the app logs but it wasn't letting me even with the EA play app closed so I assumed sth else is holding the files and then I discovered that the log is actually for the background service)

3. Open Xbox app and choose your EA play game you wanted to download and click install
4. Eaplay will open and it will be already asking you in which folder do you want to install your game.
Good luck Standard smile

Message 1 of 3 (912 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi! I downloaded EA play today as I have Xbox game pass ultimate. Once installed i had a notification offering the latest update which I completed. But no games will download with the buffer circle, as the OG poster described, only moving for a second. I’ve tried restoring EABackgroundService as another reply suggested but this has not worked either.

Message 2 of 3 (895 Views)

Re: Download button not working

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @Pullpaffy @ljdavies019

Thanks for your visit to the forums & sorry to hear that you both have (or had) issues trying to download games via the EA Desktop app with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate + EA Play for PC. 

Thanks for sharing the possible workaround that helped to fix the issue for you, @Pullpaffy 

@ljdavies019 Do you experience these issues with all EA Play available games that you try to download via the EA app, or only with a few specific ones (that you have tried so far?)

Have you tried to reboot your PC after the installation of the EA app to see if that solves the issue for you?

EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 3 of 3 (863 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help