Re: Discord Connection Error

by xizac

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Discord Connection Error

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi! I have an issue with discord not connecting to EA after I unlinked my discord account and many people are having the same issue. I'm getting really concerned because nobody is helping about it nor fixing the issue and it's a really big issue now because nobody is doing anything about it and it's a major flaw in the application.

Message 1 of 12 (1,494 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager
Hey @xizac,

What kind of issues are you experiencing when trying to connect Discord to the EA app?

Remember this:

"You can unlink your platform accounts from your EA Account if you want to link them to a different EA Account, as long as that EA Account has never had the same account type linked to it before in its lifetime.

That means if you unlink an Xbox gamertag from your EA Account, you can’t link a different Xbox gamertag to it in the future."

More information can be found on our website: https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/unlink-gaming-accounts-from-ea-account/.
EA_LeeuwAHQ

View in thread

Message 2 of 12 (1,455 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
Hey @xizac,

What kind of issues are you experiencing when trying to connect Discord to the EA app?

Remember this:

"You can unlink your platform accounts from your EA Account if you want to link them to a different EA Account, as long as that EA Account has never had the same account type linked to it before in its lifetime.

That means if you unlink an Xbox gamertag from your EA Account, you can’t link a different Xbox gamertag to it in the future."

More information can be found on our website: https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/unlink-gaming-accounts-from-ea-account/.
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 2 of 12 (1,456 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I recently Created another account and it says “Unable to link discord to ea app” which is really concerning

Message 3 of 12 (1,439 Views)

Community Manager
@xizac, alright, so you unlinked your Discord from an EA account and now you want to link it to another, fresh, EA account that didn't have a Discord linked to it in the past, right?
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 4 of 12 (1,424 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

No, Just a new fresh discord account linked up.

I am not sure Why this keeps happening?

Message 5 of 12 (1,411 Views)

Community Manager
@xizac, oh, so you're trying to connect a new Discord account to same same EA account where you previously also had a Discord account connected to?
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 6 of 12 (1,405 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Yes Standard smile

Message 7 of 12 (1,397 Views)

Community Manager
@xizac, ah alright, I'm afraid that not possible, as I've mentioned in my 1st reply in this post.
EA_LeeuwAHQ
Message 8 of 12 (1,381 Views)

★★★ Newbie

but why

Message 9 of 12 (873 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also have a problem to get into EA discord. I did all it said but it didnt show up on discord

Message 10 of 12 (165 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help