Cannot login on website with EA ID

by potlidsoupladle

Original Post

Cannot login on website with EA ID

★★ Newbie

Product: The EA app
Platform:PC
Error Report ID (learn how to create an Error Report ID in the sticky post)
Which client functionality are you experiencing this bug with? Other (Please Describe)
Please describe Cannot login on website with EA ID, cannot attach email to EA ID account
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) all the time
Summarize your bug When using the EA app, I can log in with my EA ID. I want to purchase a pack for Sims 4. I go to the EA store on the web (because there is no store in the EA app) and the login looks similar but I cannot login with an EA ID, it forces me to use an email. I do not have an email on my EA ID account. I'd happily attach one, but I can't find any way to do that. In my world, players not being able to spend money is a P0 issue. I guess I'm off to CD keys or something to buy a stolen key unless this is resolved quickly. Logging in here with a dummy account because (as stated) you provide no functionality to login with an EA ID on the web.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have an EA ID account with no email attached, try and log into the web using it.
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing?
What do you expect to see? I expect to see "login with your EA ID"

When using the EA app, I can log in with my EA ID. I want to purchase a pack for Sims 4. I go to the EA store on the web (because there is no store in the EA app) and the login looks similar but I cannot login with an EA ID, it forces me to use an email. I do not have an email on my EA ID account. I'd happily attach one, but I can't find any way to do that.

In my world, players not being able to spend money is a P0 issue. I guess I'm off to CD keys or something to buy a stolen key unless this is resolved quickly.

Logging in here with a dummy account because (as stated) you provide no functionality to login with an EA ID on the web.

Message 1 of 2 (194 Views)

Re: Cannot login on website with EA ID

Community Manager
@potlidsoupladle To confirm are you using an underage account with the EA App? If not all EA accounts have an email on them that you would want to use.

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 2 (173 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help