Re: Can't uninstall EA Desktop, 'doesn't exist'

by Soullesito

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

@MongooseG93 @Kennarchy  I followed these steps to remove EA Desktop and install it again:

1- I deleted the EA desktop folder from my computer (on the hard drive where it was installed)

2- I took Revo unistaller and deleted EA Desktop (as if you uninstalled a program) and all the folders by analyzing traces of the program (in moderator mode)

3- Then I used CCleaner and cleaned all the erroneous records that it marked me

4- You have to go to windows registry editor and look for the path of:

Computer \ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Electronic Arts

And delete that folder, then you go to:

\ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ WOW6432Node \ Electronic Arts

And you delete it, (I have also deleted origin just in case).

And it has fixed the install and uninstall problem for me. Hopefully they release a patch soon to correct this.

Try it this way, hopefully it works out for you.

Message 11 of 23 (5,351 Views)

★ Novice
@Soullesito I ended up doing something similar and it worked thanks dude
Message 12 of 23 (5,341 Views)

Can't Download EA desktop

★ Novice

Product: EA Desktop
Platform:PC
Error Report ID (learn how to create an Error Report ID in the sticky post)
Which client functionality are you experiencing this bug with? Application Installer
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 06.04.2021 20:15
Summarize your bug ea desktop downloader says "already installed"
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? try to install ea desktop after removing it
What happens when the bug occurs? can't download ea desktop
What do you expect to see? ea desktop in my hard disk

I can not install ea desktop because it says that I have already installed it even tho I recently deleted it by using its uninstaller. Now every time I try ro install it back it says "you have already installed ea desktop". I have tried to remove temp files by hand nothing changed pls help.

Message 13 of 23 (5,102 Views)

Can’t completely uninstall to reinstall

★★★ Newbie

Product: EA Desktop
Platform:PC
Error Report ID (learn how to create an Error Report ID in the sticky post) EA Desktop already installed
Which client functionality are you experiencing this bug with? Performance
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 04/09/2021
Summarize your bug Uninstalled EA Desktop because that was work around to get game to launch by YOUR company. Tried to re-install and says it’s already downloaded. Deleted from uninstaller, program files, and any other registries. Now can’t get to re-install. To make everything better now my game pass app had an error code that pops up that I can’t get rid of.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try uninstalling any of your apps and you’ll find it.
What happens when the bug occurs? I became slightly more irritated that a company would release an app without such a basic feature and when the people come to help offer the bare minimum response without actually addressing the issue.
What do you expect to see? To re install this cancer on my computer so I can play a game.

eaconnect.Microsoft://launch?version=1.0&port=477

Message 14 of 23 (4,985 Views)

Re: Can’t completely uninstall to reinstall

★★★★★ Newbie

I've also had this issue. I have manually removed every EA file from my computer that I can find. When I redownload the install manager, it thinks the application still exists and attempts to launch the application instead of doing a full install. It makes it impossible to actually 'reinstall'.

Message 15 of 23 (4,967 Views)

Re: Can’t completely uninstall to reinstall

★★★ Novice
Message 16 of 23 (4,959 Views)

★ Novice

Hi

Yeah I'm experiencing the exact problem. I've cleared caches, cookies. I've gone into the registry and searched for all EA files and into my program data, app data settings and to no result. Have spoken to someone from EA and they were helpful but said clear caches and it will work (obviously it didn't) i have zero idea why on the browser end it seems to think that there's a desktop app on here when clearly there isn't! Not a good first impression from this BETA and with all the money EA make, they cant even get a decent game launcher, should funnel some of that 'ultimate team' cash in to another department 

Message 17 of 23 (4,698 Views)

★ Novice
@JX31Q93 does anyone think that deleting the games from the app will help??!!
Message 18 of 23 (4,696 Views)

★ Novice
@Kennarchy i've tried these steps and goin into app and program data. and still nothing?
Message 19 of 23 (4,618 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm also unable to uninstall EA Desktop.

It's not on the list of the installed apps in Control Panel.

It's not on the Apps list in the Settings app.

I cannot find it via CCleaner or Revo Uninstaller either.

I have it installed in C:\Games\EA Desktop. There's a file called EAUninstaller.exe, but it doesn't work at all. When I launch it, it says "EA Desktop is already installed. Looks like you've already installed EA Desktop on this machine. Want to fire it up? [LAUNCH EA DESKTOP] [CANCEL]". What?! I'm trying to uninstall it, not install it...

EA Desktop App version: 12.0.92-4925-00c981ed3

Message 20 of 23 (4,481 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help