Game wont launch

by Orbinu

Original Post

Game attempts Launch and fails.

★★★ Novice

After this most recent update (1/31/2023 Update 3.2) Steam attempts to launch bf2042 - new EA client splashes (presumably the linked login) the main EA client splashes then minimizes and then bf2042 doesnt launch. 

I have attempted:

Uninstall completely bf2042 and EA launch, (reboot) and clean install of bf2042 letting the EA client get installed from steam. 

Granting BF2042 admin rights and EAC admin rights. 

The game refuses to launch. Suggestions? 

Message 71 of 160 (4,386 Views)

Re: Game attempts Launch and fails.

★★★ Novice

The solution I found has to do with the new EA desktop launcher located for me (C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EA Desktop\EA Desktop). The executable "EADesktop.exe" needs to be set to allow to run as administrator (compatibility tab). As soon as I set that and launched from steam it worked.

Message 72 of 160 (4,382 Views)

Re: Game attempts Launch and fails.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@M1sterRogersThis did not completely solve it for me, until I did the same operation with EABackgroundService.exe and EALauncher.exe. The game just launched, I'll reply again if I reckon there are no further crashes. Thank you.

Update: I now get a crash to desktop when the game is trying to connect to online services. My second launch, is so far successful. I'm expecting it to crash still.

Message 73 of 160 (4,370 Views)

Game won't launch on steam

★★★ Newbie

I bought the game from steam and installed it but when I click on play, nothing happens.

What's the reason? 

Message 74 of 160 (4,808 Views)

Game wont launch

★★★★ Novice

I bought EA Pass in steam (cant refund it), downloaded game and it wont starting. Brand new pc...

Message 75 of 160 (4,783 Views)

Game won't launch post 3.2 update

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello,

Post the 3.2 update the game no longer launches. I purchased bf2042 on steam and installed origin, which previously worked just fine. Now I have updated to 3.2, origin was uninstalled and the EA app was installed.

Now when I launch bf2042 through the EA app or through steam or through the launcher directly, the EA app just restarts and the game doesn't open.

I have tried:
- Clean install of BF2042
- Clean install of the EA app

- Running Steam, the EA app and BF2042 in administrator mode

- I even tried getting bf2042 via game pass to see if that fixed it
- Ensuring nothing is overclocked

I don't get a crash report, error message, a log file or even an event in event viewer. All that happens every time is that the EA app appears to restart and then nothing else happens.

Message 76 of 160 (4,796 Views)

BF2042 Won't launch no matter what I've tried.

★★★★★ Novice

Still can't get this game to run on a new Win11 Pro build.  I've been pouring over this forum trying anything to the game to load.  It played for about 6 hours and I've not been able to get the game to run, but it will not launch, the hardware specs are well above BF2042 recommended specs.  To date I've:

Uninstalled BF2042 and reinstalled multiple times

Doesn't matter if I used Origin or the new EA app, the game won't run.

Ran the checks to fix Windows files; comes out clean.

Ran the app repair process both in Steam and EA app

Set all the executables to run as "Administrator", both Battlefield and AntiCheat

Disabled dual monitor setup to single monitor

Paused webroot through IIS

No FTP service configured on this box.

Stopped Windows defender

Did clean boot, game won't run.

Ran "Fiddler" while trying to boot but web calls didn't show why game failed to launch.

updated NVIDIA driver to latest build

updated Windows 11 to latest release

BIOS Updated

There have never been any anti-virus other than Windows Defender, and even with that turned off, game won't launch

No download managers or other crapware has ever been on my box.

Message 77 of 160 (4,895 Views)

Re: BF2042 Won't launch no matter what I've tried.

★★ Expert
@PrivatePud Question? do ya get any error ?
Please give some details about the issues, what happens, a screenshot or recording would be helpfull thanks !

Message 78 of 160 (4,888 Views)

Re: BF2042 Won't launch no matter what I've tried.

★★★★★ Novice

No error message. Launch from Steam. EA app opens, I select the game and "run". EA app closes and then opens again and nothing else happens. 

Message 79 of 160 (4,877 Views)

BF 2042 not launching - Steam

★★★★★ Newbie

When I try to launch Battlefield 2042 on steam, the play button does not change to stop, it just stays at play, and a small steam popout update window opens, except it's just a blank white screen that stops responding after a few seconds. I've tried all the usual fixes including reinstalling the ea app and the game on steam. Can someone please help?

PC Specs: (meets requirements)

Intel Core i5 12600KF

NVIDIA 3060

16gb RAM

Message 80 of 160 (4,700 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help