not getting or receiving gifts

by sindee610

Original Post

Accepted Solution

not getting or receiving gifts

★★ Novice

for  4 days i have not been able give or receive gifts in bejeweled blitz...i am so very frustrated and emptied my cache as instructed which failed to help.this is a issue on your end not mine and i would love to get this resolved.

Message 1 of 53 (4,694 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: not getting or receiving gifts

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hi everyone,

Please go to Facebook > Settings > Apps. Mouse over Bejeweled Blitz and click on Remove. They look for the game again. A pop-up will appear.

Check that the settings list "Friendslist" under the information being shared. Click on "Continue as -your name-".

Once the app has access to your Friendslist again you should be able to send gifts again.  

Edit with additional information:

Instead of launching the game from https://www.facebook.com/games/ try the following:

1. Type Bejeweled on the search box

2. Cick on the "Bejeweled blitz" icon like in this screenshot:

You'll be redirected to the game page directly.

This time the pop-up will appear (and if you click on "Edit this" you should see that your Friends list is now selected as one of the information you provide to the app).

When I tried launching the game from https://www.facebook.com/games/ the pop-up didn't appear and the friends list was consequently not accessible.

View in thread

Message 29 of 53 (4,882 Views)

All Replies

I @sindee610,

I don't have any problems to send and receive gifts on my accounts so I can't say it's an issue that affects every single Bejewled Blitz player. What browser are you using? 

Message 2 of 53 (4,664 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same thing is happening with me.  It's been almost a week and I can't receive any gifts.  I've tried cleaning my cache, reloading, etc.  Tried opening the game in Chrome and IE.  What's going on?  Would appreciate it being fixed soon.

Message 3 of 53 (4,629 Views)

Hi @SMDraffen,

Is your mailbox full (showing 200/200 messages) because of that? I'm trying to find out more information for the studio. Thanks.

Message 4 of 53 (4,623 Views)

★★ Novice

the one i have always used,google.it started the beginning of week.can't give or receive gifts.i have some that soon will expire if i don't get them.this is frustrating and need a solution.cleaned my cookies,cache and feel i shouldn't have to change browsers if i have used this one for years no problem.

Message 5 of 53 (4,605 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

no i have about 32 gifts 

as of today and i have chrome browser which i have used for years never an issue before.and now i can't play the party challenge i guess it's because it's interacting with a friend.taking the fun out of the game for me if this is not figured out soon.

Message 6 of 53 (4,588 Views)

Hi @sindee610,

I understand your concerns but if you don't try using a different browser for test purpose, then we can't know for sure if the issue lies with the game + that browser you're using or if it's a happening on every browsers for instance.

This is the reason why I need information and ask players to troubleshoot the issue on their end as well. As I said I don't have any problem to send and receive gifts so the more details I can gather the easier if will be to discover the contributing factors to the issue. 

Hope that makes more sense.

Message 7 of 53 (4,545 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It doesn't show any, but I know that others have been sending them because I've checked with them.  This has been going on for over a week.  Please fix it!

Message 8 of 53 (4,516 Views)

Hi @SMDraffen,

Have you installed Facebook Games Arcade? 

Message 9 of 53 (4,511 Views)

★★★ Newbie

itts been  17 days since I've been able to get or sed a gift   Retrieving Friends Info for almost 3 weeks - obviously no one is working on it

Message 10 of 53 (4,495 Views)