Re: friend disappeared from list

by EA_Illium

Original Post

Accepted Solution

friend disappeared from list

★★★ Newbie

I play regualrly and only have three of my friends that play. My partner also plays. I can see her and my firends in my list but she can no longer see me in her list or share with me. 

Message 1 of 5 (1,003 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@An0neem00se can you run through the troubleshooting steps below to see if this continues? 

1. Clear your browser cache.

Clearing your Internet browser cache/cookies can fix many common performance issues. We have provided steps for most common browsers here.

2. Restart your browser.

The simple step of closing your browser and relaunching it may help as well, especially in combination with having just cleared your cache.

3. Update Flash.

You may need update to the latest version of Adobe Flashplayer.

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

4. Close extra tabs you may have open in your browser.

Everything that's happening at the same time taxes your system!  If you tend to open a new tab for every webpage you'd like to visit, you're asking your browser to keep track of a lot of information.  It's also having to constantly refresh each of those pages...and let's not forget about the advertisements that might be trying to play videos on a tab you're not even looking at...better to just close the ones you won't need again anytime soon, allowing the ones you really care about to function at their best!

5. Update your browser.

If your online activities aren't as zippy as they used to be, it's often because the software that runs them is falling behind the times.  We have provided links to download or update the most common browsers:

6. Try a different browser.

It's about finding the right tool for the task...and the right tool for your friends may not be the right one for you.  For whatever reason, you may find that one browser renders pages faster or loads graphics more smoothly, and even on your own computer, you may find that certain tasks are better accomplished in one browser while others work more efficently in a different one.  There is no reason not to have multiple browsers installed side-by-side, and it gives you more options when you do!  

You can use the same download links from above to install these browsers.

7. Close other programs.

Just as keeping multiple tabs open in your browser will cause that program to slow down and chug, running a lot of programs all at once will slow down your whole computer.  Take a look at the programs you've got open, and close down any that you don't need right now.

8. Restart your computer.

Again, just as restarting your browser is a useful step to clear it of its hanging processes and let it start from scratch, shutting down your whole computer is just a really nice thing to do every once in a while.  Your computer probably works very hard for you and never complains (or rarely, anyway, if you consider error messages to be complaints!), so give it a little "power nap" to restore its mojo.  It will thank you by running with greatly increased efficiency (or at least as much as it can muster)!

There are, unfortunately, a few other factors that we are less able to advise you on.  If none of the above suggestions have been helpful, or if you are experiencing chronic, ongoing lagginess that never improves, then you may need more in-depth assistance, even professional maintenance for your computer.  Be sure you're taking good care of it: avoid clicking on suspicious links; keep your antivirus software up-to-date and scanning regularly as recommended; run your Operating System updates.  If you're good to your computer, it will be good to you!

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (935 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
@An0neem00se Which game and platform are you playing on?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 5 (975 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@EA_IlliumBejeweled Blitz on Facebook using Chrome on my PC. My friend uses Opera on a Mac. EA help support suggested I delete app and reinstall. I did and so did my friend. Didn't work.I can see her in my friend list as well as my other friends. My other friends can see both of us. But she cannot see me or add me as a friend. So she cannot initiate games, send gifts or gems to me although I can play or send to her... Strange! When she receives a game from me she sees a blank avatar and my ID number but not my name.

Message 3 of 5 (956 Views)

Community Manager

@An0neem00se can you run through the troubleshooting steps below to see if this continues? 

1. Clear your browser cache.

Clearing your Internet browser cache/cookies can fix many common performance issues. We have provided steps for most common browsers here.

2. Restart your browser.

The simple step of closing your browser and relaunching it may help as well, especially in combination with having just cleared your cache.

3. Update Flash.

You may need update to the latest version of Adobe Flashplayer.

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

4. Close extra tabs you may have open in your browser.

Everything that's happening at the same time taxes your system!  If you tend to open a new tab for every webpage you'd like to visit, you're asking your browser to keep track of a lot of information.  It's also having to constantly refresh each of those pages...and let's not forget about the advertisements that might be trying to play videos on a tab you're not even looking at...better to just close the ones you won't need again anytime soon, allowing the ones you really care about to function at their best!

5. Update your browser.

If your online activities aren't as zippy as they used to be, it's often because the software that runs them is falling behind the times.  We have provided links to download or update the most common browsers:

6. Try a different browser.

It's about finding the right tool for the task...and the right tool for your friends may not be the right one for you.  For whatever reason, you may find that one browser renders pages faster or loads graphics more smoothly, and even on your own computer, you may find that certain tasks are better accomplished in one browser while others work more efficently in a different one.  There is no reason not to have multiple browsers installed side-by-side, and it gives you more options when you do!  

You can use the same download links from above to install these browsers.

7. Close other programs.

Just as keeping multiple tabs open in your browser will cause that program to slow down and chug, running a lot of programs all at once will slow down your whole computer.  Take a look at the programs you've got open, and close down any that you don't need right now.

8. Restart your computer.

Again, just as restarting your browser is a useful step to clear it of its hanging processes and let it start from scratch, shutting down your whole computer is just a really nice thing to do every once in a while.  Your computer probably works very hard for you and never complains (or rarely, anyway, if you consider error messages to be complaints!), so give it a little "power nap" to restore its mojo.  It will thank you by running with greatly increased efficiency (or at least as much as it can muster)!

There are, unfortunately, a few other factors that we are less able to advise you on.  If none of the above suggestions have been helpful, or if you are experiencing chronic, ongoing lagginess that never improves, then you may need more in-depth assistance, even professional maintenance for your computer.  Be sure you're taking good care of it: avoid clicking on suspicious links; keep your antivirus software up-to-date and scanning regularly as recommended; run your Operating System updates.  If you're good to your computer, it will be good to you!

Illium.png

Message 4 of 5 (936 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Illium none of these things work
Message 5 of 5 (702 Views)