bejeweled 3 game saves lost after origin crashes

by KevTheRev007

Original Post

bejeweled 3 game saves lost after origin crashes

★★★ Novice

bejeweled 3 game saves lost after origin crashed and couldn't start origin for a few weeks. The saves consist of 4 year high scores especially in poker were as I am not far from completing the game.

Message 1 of 16 (2,923 Views)

Re: bejeweled 3 game saves lost after origin crashes

Community Manager

Hey @KevTheRev007 have you checked your system to see if you can locate your save files.

The save should be found at C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Local\PopCap Games\Bejeweled3\Users or C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Local\Steam\Bejeweled3

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 16 (2,907 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you for the quick replay Darko.

I have Origin installed on a separate drive from c:. I did look for the save in %AppDatta^ folder, but found a save from Jan 2020. Is there any way to direct that particular save in c: to the installation on my other drive? And BTW, I looked at the cloud save in my game in game options, loaded that but it was starting a new game.

Cheers, Kev.

Message 3 of 16 (2,895 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @KevTheRev007 copy that save file to a new location, then start a new game and save it. Once done find that new save and replace it with the older save.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 16 (2,889 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @KevTheRev007 did you manage to get anywhere with this?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 16 (2,825 Views)

★★★ Novice

Have to wait till later. Other family issues have to be addressed. Will let you know within a few days.

Message 6 of 16 (2,811 Views)

Community Manager

No worries @KevTheRev007, best of luck with it.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 16 (2,807 Views)

★★★ Novice

That sve fie from a year ago looks like it has been overwritten. Looks like I'll have to start the game from scratch. Oh well. Standard smile

Message 8 of 16 (2,751 Views)

Community Manager

The best thing to do going forward @KevTheRev007 is to periodically back up your save file so that if this issue occurs again you'll have a copy of your save.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 9 of 16 (2,705 Views)

★★★ Novice

Will do, and thanks for your help on that issue Darko. Starting the game agsin doesn't worry me a I was going to start it again anyway. Standard smile

On another problem, I was just playing "Plants Vs Zombies. I got through the first wave, then the game crashed with the error message "Failed to user write file" I added permissions for the game itself (already did for Origin) in my Kapersky AV.

Message 10 of 16 (2,700 Views)