Prize payouts really 1 in 9 odds ?

by ogretones

Original Post

Prize payouts really 1 in 9 odds ?

★★ Novice

I would like to know if your chance at the top prize payout after a game is really 1 in 9.  The game gives the appearance of a 1 in 9 chance, however I suspect that you don't actually get what is behind the spot you click, but rather your prize is determined in advance by some other algorithm (much less than 1 in 9 chance of getting top prize), and then the board displays the top prize somewhere you didn't click.  I have played hundreds of games, and there's just no way it is as advertised.  

Message 1 of 35 (16,378 Views)

Re: Prize payouts really 1 in 9 odds ?

★★ Novice

No way is it random. I think I've only got the max prize once or twice but get the lowest two amounts 99% of the time. Just like when you buy a multiplier boost it always ends up placed against the side towards the bottom where you can't get it.

Message 2 of 35 (16,320 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm surprised no else is talking about this.  Its the single most annoying thing about the game.  I feel its downright deceitful.  

Message 3 of 35 (16,291 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I know this is not Candy Crush, BUT I have been spinning for a jackpot of boosts for over 10 years and have hit it 1 time. Uno times. One time. Thats very bad odds considering I play everyday! 

Message 4 of 35 (16,278 Views)

★★ Novice

Payouts for the spin do not imply any specific odds.  You have to just consider that it must be very high odds to get the 1,000,000 coin jackpot.  I've got it 3 times over the last few years.

There's a significant difference with the end of game payouts.  By showing you 9 specific prizes, it implies that you will get what is "behind" the spot you click, with a true 1 in 9 chance of getting the top prize.  Anyone who plays the game knows damn well that there is no way its really a 1 in 9 chance.   Your payout is predetermined, and they show it to you behind the spot you clicked.  They show the other prizes, including the top prize elsewhere.  I find this to be extremely deceptive.

Message 5 of 35 (16,272 Views)

★ Novice

Well all I know is that I have been playing this game for years and here lately its starting to make me really angry Im on level 182 and just leveled up and all they could give me was2500 coins come on thats just like the mystery chests I spend 120000 and I get 10000 and a frickin apple Im not waisting anymore of my coins oh I will still play because I live the game but until they show me some gratification for playing so long no more wasted coins

Message 6 of 35 (16,145 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Bejeweled blitz is losing so many people because of the bugs of the game.  I have thought to leave a few times, and this might be the end.  I have played the game so many times recently where the game takes my coins and post no score in a party game because of a hang-up or other problem on bejewel site.  I thought a few months ago that it could be my laptop, so I went to the library and used several other computers with same results.  I have had millions of coins taken.  I posted for the last two years about a problem where the Perfect Parties Won count is wrong and no one has ever tried to fix it.  It only shows the Perfect Parties Won from your total on all your friends also.  Three times I have recorded scores of over 5 million points, but have never had any of these scores recorded as my high score.  These problems are going to make me and many others quit this game.  I had more than a dozen of my friends stop playing because nothing gets fixed and only more problems occur. 

Message 7 of 35 (16,091 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have played bejeweled blitz for 9 years and have never received top or second prize.  I have spun the wheel almost daily and over 3200 times and 99% of the time I received 2500 coins or less.  So I say the 1 in 9 is all *. Taking coins that cost me makes me want to quit and so many of my friends have because of bugs.

Message 8 of 35 (16,087 Views)

★ Guide

I have received the  free million coins from spins a few times since I began playing Bejeweled Blitz almost 7 years ago, won the top free coin prize with the rare gems a few times, mystery chest as well. You all have to remember these are all free coins which you did not have to purchase out of your pocket.  Any coins received from spins, party, rare gems, mystery chest are all a bonus. Any are better than 0. Thank you Bejeweled Blitz Developers for keeping Bejeweled exciting.

Message 9 of 35 (16,073 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've been playing forever too and I've NEVER hit the jackpot. Seriously? Why pretend it's fair when it's obviously not?

Message 10 of 35 (16,000 Views)