Re: Can't originate Blitz Party or retrieve gifts from friends

by Summerbear5

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't originate Blitz Party or retrieve gifts from friends

★ Novice

When I try to start a Blitz party I get a Refresh Browser or Retry error popup.  

Since this error started I also can't collect my friends gifts..."Retrieving your friends info"  "Expires in X days" with no button to accept.

Message 1 of 12 (3,346 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Novice

I got another email reply from my case.  This one looks like the anser as I just added Ad Blocker to my computer...

Hello from PopCap,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with our game!  We have found that issues like this are often caused by ad-blocking software or browser extensions, which can interfere with the game's transmission.

A good way to check this is to open an ‘Incognito’ or 'Private' window in your browser and try playing the game there. With your browser open, please use the following keyboard combinations:

In Google Chrome, press Ctrl + Shift + N

In Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer, press Ctrl + Shift + P

If your game loads normally in the ‘Incognito’ or 'Private' window, that indicates the trouble is with browser extensions or associated software you typically have running.

Please disable any ad-blocking software before reloading your game in a regular window. If after disabling you still have your issue, a different browser extension could be responsible. You may attempt to disable them one at a time to help determine which one is causing the issue. However, you may want to ask for support from an extension's creators in some cases, as we cannot advise you on third-party software.

Thanks for playing!

Otis
PopCap Customer Support

Like Bejeweled Blitz on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/BejeweledBlitz

View in thread

Message 6 of 12 (3,391 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Novice

I am getting the same thing, It's annoying!

Someone please how can we fix this? I'm able to receive parties and play received parties but I can't make and send new parties. I've cleared cache and everything on my browser which is google chrome.

Message 2 of 12 (3,290 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Just tried internet explorer and same problem. Is there something wrong with my account?

Message 3 of 12 (3,287 Views)

★ Novice

I logged the error with Popcan and got this response:

Hello, 

Thank you for contacting PopCap Games Customer Support.  This is an automated
response based on your selection of “The game doesn't load/launch” for Bejeweled
Blitz. If, after following the instructions provided in this message, you need
further assistance, please reply to this email.

1. Close other applications and processes that may be drawing CPU usage away from
Bejeweled Blitz 
2. Clear your Web browser’s cache (instructions are here:
http://support.popcap.com/browser-clear-cache)
3. Switch to a different Web browser or update your existing Web browser to the most
current (non-Beta!) version
4. Uninstall and re-install your Flash player (instructions are here:
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html)

Check out other troubleshooting tips on the PopCap support site and browse updates,
news and insights from players like you in our community forums.

Support Site: http://support.popcap.com/facebook/bejeweled-blitz
Community Forums:
http://forums.popcap.com/forumdisplay.php?26-Bejeweled-Blitz-on-Facebook

Thank you,
PopCap Games Customer Support

I did steps 1 and 2  without any change to Chrome, but then I loaded Firefox and updated flash player.  I tried from Firefox and it worked.  I hate Firefox as it is so slow, so I'll play my regular game on Chrome and collect my gifts and play blitz party on Firefox.  Ugh!!!

Message 4 of 12 (3,266 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

If any of you use AVAST as an anti-virus, try allowing social networks from the tracking icon on your browser. I found that after an update from AVAST, it had changed my settings and was blocking Facebook.

Message 5 of 12 (3,210 Views)

★ Novice

I got another email reply from my case.  This one looks like the anser as I just added Ad Blocker to my computer...

Hello from PopCap,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with our game!  We have found that issues like this are often caused by ad-blocking software or browser extensions, which can interfere with the game's transmission.

A good way to check this is to open an ‘Incognito’ or 'Private' window in your browser and try playing the game there. With your browser open, please use the following keyboard combinations:

In Google Chrome, press Ctrl + Shift + N

In Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer, press Ctrl + Shift + P

If your game loads normally in the ‘Incognito’ or 'Private' window, that indicates the trouble is with browser extensions or associated software you typically have running.

Please disable any ad-blocking software before reloading your game in a regular window. If after disabling you still have your issue, a different browser extension could be responsible. You may attempt to disable them one at a time to help determine which one is causing the issue. However, you may want to ask for support from an extension's creators in some cases, as we cannot advise you on third-party software.

Thanks for playing!

Otis
PopCap Customer Support

Like Bejeweled Blitz on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/BejeweledBlitz

Message 6 of 12 (3,392 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Guys, I've tried EVERYTHING suggested here-- cleared cache on both Firefox and Chrome (don't use IE at all anymore), opened a separate window and went incognito from all adblocking software (I use AdBlock Plus), and I'm STILL getting the same error messages. WTH??? Any ideas?

Message 7 of 12 (3,183 Views)

★★★ Newbie

(also uninstalled and re-installed Flash, as per suggested)

Message 8 of 12 (3,182 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did ALL of that and I'm still getting the same issues Confusedmileysad: did it work for you right off the bat? Did you have to restart your computer? Anything at all I might be missing?

Message 9 of 12 (3,181 Views)

★ Novice

I installed and used firefox to get my gifts from friends.  I then was able to get my free blitz game and also purchased blitz games.  I don't use firefox as I'm able to use chrome now without any problems.

Message 10 of 12 (3,163 Views)