Add 64 bit support for Bejeweled 3 on macOS

by shawzborne1

Original Post

Add 64 bit support for Bejeweled 3 on macOS

★★★★ Novice

Hi EA support,

Please add 64 bit support to Bejeweled 3 on macOS before it becomes completely unplayable on macOS.

Screen Shot 2018-09-28 at 8.00.29 AM.png

Thank-you,

Shawn 

Message 1 of 10 (4,761 Views)

Bejeweled 3 macOS 10.15 Catalina 64 bit Support

★★★★ Novice

Hello,

I am not sure if you have heard but as of the next macOS update 10.15 Catalina all 32 bit software will no longer work, this includes Bejeweled 3 on the Mac App Store.

Can you please update Bejeweled 3 with 64 bit support so that it will run on the next macOS update?

Thank-you,

Shawn

Message 2 of 10 (5,271 Views)

Re: Bejeweled 3 macOS 10.15 Catalina 64 bit Support

★★★ Newbie

Please EA update this app to be 64bit MacOS Catalina 10.15 compatible.  If not please point us in the right direction for a replacement app, parents really enjoyed using this but now just upgrading the Mac now they can't use the game.

Message 3 of 10 (5,189 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm glad to see other people feel the same way I do. Bejeweled 3 has been my favorite game to play on my iMac, and I hate that it isn't compatible with Catalina.

Message 4 of 10 (5,138 Views)

Re: Add 64 bit support for Bejeweled 3 on macOS

★★★ Newbie

Please look into this issue, would appreciate Bejeweled 3 with 64 bit support.

Message 5 of 10 (4,348 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Please look into this issue, would be very much appreciated to see a 64 bit version of this game.

Message 6 of 10 (4,478 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I know I'm late, but I'm going to put this here in case it helps anyone.

You CAN get Bejeweled 3 working in Catalina. This can be done by downloading the Windows version of Bejeweled 3, and then using either wine32on64 or Crossover to run it. As far as I can tell, it works perfectly, as long as you never exit full screen mode.

It's strange that you can run the Windows version of the game on a mac, but you can't run the mac version of the game on a mac...

Message 7 of 10 (2,276 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Tovitik,

I feel so inexperienced doing technical things like "downloading Bejeweled 3 windows and downloading wine or crossover to get it to play on my 64-bit MAC". I went to the wine and crossover sites but didn't see how to proceed with a download for Mac. Could you possibly help me thru the steps to using wine or crossover on my Mac to facilitate playing Bejeweled 3?

Message 8 of 10 (2,240 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Tovitik,
I feel so inexperienced doing technical things like "downloading Bejeweled 3 windows and downloading wine or crossover to get it to play on my 64-bit MAC". I went to the wine and crossover sites but didn't see how to proceed with a download for Mac. Could you possibly help me thru the steps to using wine or crossover on my Mac to facilitate playing Bejeweled 3?
Message 9 of 10 (2,239 Views)

Community Manager

Hey folks, 

I am locking this thread to prevent further necro posting as it's quite old. 

Do feel free to start a new thread if there's a topic to discuss and you're unable to find a more recent thread, thanks.

Mako.png
Message 10 of 10 (2,203 Views)