Send me down to the Minors Please!

by CreemoreTorch

Original Post

Send me down to the Minors Please!

★★★★★ Apprentice

I play Goalie at the super star level in BAP. Normally I get crushed in my games. The coach is always pulling me aside and telling me "Perform or else"..... Or else what? Please let's have consequences for bad play. That is the life of the professional athlete. I would welcome being sent down to the farm. I think it would make it all the more intriguing, having to work your way up the big club, In all honesty. Is any club really going to keep you in the NHL if you suck? No, If I have to be a pro in the AHL, Or a Euro league, so be it. You have access to all of these league. Utilize them. Maybe it is a NHLPA thing?

Message 1 of 8 (353 Views)

Re: Send me down to the Minors Please!

★★★★ Guide

I want to be able to straight up ask for that and do a season in the AHL before going to the NHL just to build stats.

Message 2 of 8 (310 Views)

★★★ Pro
@CreemoreTorch It’s not an NHLPA thing… they simply just removed the feature out of the game so they can force the storyline of “play 4 games in a tournament and become 1st overall pick every time” and then force us to be a superstar…

We’re not allowed to play as an everyday/average NHL player and try to EARN our roster spot… we are simply given everything without any effort or actually deserving it…
Message 3 of 8 (300 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It makes sense from that vantage point (Story Line), I suppose. It seems lazy though. I hope that they expand on the story line. maybe in the next few iterations of the franchise EA will honour our requests. 

Message 4 of 8 (297 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@heavydutyrammer You aren't first pick every time. If you play your cards right you can talk Buffalo out of drafting you.
Message 5 of 8 (290 Views)

★★★ Pro
@VeronicatheCD I was exaggerating a bit for effect… yes you aren’t taken 1st every time… but we shouldn’t have to actively put in effort to NOT be taken first… it should be the other way around. We should have to WORK to be taken first..
Message 6 of 8 (282 Views)

★★★ Pro
@CreemoreTorch It’s definitely shallow and poor design… it takes a lot of fun and immersion out of the game mode… I stopped playing very quickly once I found out how TERRIBLE the Be a Pro game mode is… no passion in it whatsoever…
Message 7 of 8 (281 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@VeronicatheCD true. I have played through the draft stage a few times I've been picked by 3 different teams. Buff, Anaheim and Calgary.
Message 8 of 8 (266 Views)