Re: Rosters

by bdevans37

Original Post

Re: Roster

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@IrishOwl There is definitely a point.  Fleury still being on Vegas annoyed me so much.  Also if new players are added(and they will be)or you create prospects that NHL can't create, they won't be added into your be a pro.  Luckily, someone above mentioned that starting in the NHL allows you to have current rosters.  The pre-nhl is bad anyway, just close your eyes and cycle through teams, pretend they drafted you.

Message 11 of 23 (886 Views)

Re: Roster

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Well this is what I thought would work but it only somewhat half work. What I mean is , when I create my custom roster, use that active one, make a be a pro game straight to NHL, even before playing my first match, I go view lines and all the players from my custom roster are there and I'm on line 3. Perfect! I sim to the first match, PLAY to then get in game to have my team half changed. Like half of the players I had custom, are gone and replaced by current players. Because I like to add a lot of old school guys to my season and only a couple are left. Hopefully this will be fix when the actual roster sharing launch? Right now this is super annoying. 

Message 12 of 23 (741 Views)

★★ Novice

Even starting straight in the NHL will have the roster change. Well for me anyways even after creating a custom roster, starting be a pro straight to NHL, like half of my custom players get replaced. Some are still there but a lot gets replaced. Very annoying. 

Message 13 of 23 (784 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue. This issue was not present in NHL 21, 20, 19...

Message 14 of 23 (746 Views)

Community Manager

Hey, all.

Looked into this and it doesn't appear to be a bug. The game will put better players on your team to boost the teams overall if it needs it. The rest of the league will make changes as well to address positions. This is why it's changing up when you play it.

Blueberry.png
Message 15 of 23 (726 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Blueberry I think the issue is that when you load through the draft (CHL) it starts with default rosters. But if you go through NHL start, it will use 'active' rosters. Worked for me. I just had to random my starting team. Unfortunate you don't get to experience the draft AND have custom rosters anymore.
Message 16 of 23 (717 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

HI.

This might be true for some players that gets replaced but I seen a lot of time worst players replace my superstars. Like replacing Gretzky with a young lower overall. When I finish customizing my Rosters, ALL teams have higher overalls then default as I add so many good players to it. And if it is really the case, well is there a way you guys make it that whichever Roster we create and use its going to stay like that? We should have an option to turn off so the game doesn't change anything after starting. This is AMAZINGLY annoying. 

EDIT: Actually, this is NOT true at all for me. I just checked my custom roster before starting a new Be a pro.  All is there. A lot of very high overall. I start my Be a pro straight to NHL and again, half the team is changed to have my biggest overall guy that was 92 changed to a young 87.  ALL the replacement are lower overall on my team. Now I'm now sure about the rest of the league but my team does NOT get replaced by younger and higher overall. It gets Lower. Even my enforcer that was 81 overall got replaced by this 73 overall youngster. Guys EA please,  fix this. Why give us the choice to change ALL the rosters to then have the game change it back?  Makes no sense and for me its game breaking. 

Message 17 of 23 (691 Views)

Community Manager

@MigTheFig wrote:

HI.

This might be true for some players that gets replaced but I seen a lot of time worst players replace my superstars. Like replacing Gretzky with a young lower overall. When I finish customizing my Rosters, ALL teams have higher overalls then default as I add so many good players to it. And if it is really the case, well is there a way you guys make it that whichever Roster we create and use its going to stay like that? We should have an option to turn off so the game doesn't change anything after starting. This is AMAZINGLY annoying. 

EDIT: Actually, this is NOT true at all for me. I just checked my custom roster before starting a new Be a pro.  All is there. A lot of very high overall. I start my Be a pro straight to NHL and again, half the team is changed to have my biggest overall guy that was 92 changed to a young 87.  ALL the replacement are lower overall on my team. Now I'm now sure about the rest of the league but my team does NOT get replaced by younger and higher overall. It gets Lower. Even my enforcer that was 81 overall got replaced by this 73 overall youngster. Guys EA please,  fix this. Why give us the choice to change ALL the rosters to then have the game change it back?  Makes no sense and for me its game breaking. 

@MigTheFig 

Appreciate the specific details on what you observed. We flagged this down to the team to look into for changes in the future. 

Blueberry.png
Message 18 of 23 (647 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Blueberry Thank you so much! I
Message 19 of 23 (615 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

"doesn't appear to be a bug. "

It literally is a bug. 

Marc Andre Fluery traded to my Hawks in July.
The game was released in October.

He appears on the Hawks everywhere, including Franchise Mode.

It's only BAP mode. 

Your programmers are calling later year's roster.

Please fix it.

I'm not replaying 40+ hours of BAP mode because you guys messed up. 

Add cross-platform support for the PS4 and 5. 

Message 20 of 23 (367 Views)