Re: Quality of Life Requests - Little things that make a big difference

by Rojutrannii

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

Great ideas! Contracts/Free Agency would be huge. It’s been needed for a long time. Captaincy having some meaning would be great as well. We’ve always wanted better (interactive) Stanley cup celebrations. We need to be able to see what’s going on in the league. Finally, bring back the minors! The mode loses its luster when you don’t have to earn your place. 

Message 11 of 29 (1,617 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Put first names into create a player.

Message 12 of 29 (1,568 Views)

★★★ Novice

My number one request as an european player is the ability to play in the Liiga, SHL, Allsvenskan etc. for multiple season before possibly making it to the NHL. Same goes for the CHL and ECHL.

If I play like dog * and get drafted in the seventh round I don't expect to play even in preseason games. Give us the ability to progress instead of artificially forcing us to be in the NHL.

Message 13 of 29 (1,506 Views)

★★★★ Novice

IN SALARY PERKS, WHEN YOU HAVE INSUFFICIENT FOLLOWERS, ADD BY HOW MANY.

When you go to SALARY PERKS, and you have insufficient followers. Please show by how many? Its frustrating to always go check if you have enough alrdy.

You can see your money, and how much you need for the perk, but not your followers and how much you need for the perk.

Please change that!

Thanks.

Message 14 of 29 (1,375 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

The AI is killing me.  No game frustrates me the way NHL does.  Your teammates will literally slow down if they are in a race for the puck, so they don't win.  For some reason my teammate AI loves to do a couple dekes whenever they enter the zone, always resulting in a turn over.

The AI is by far the biggest thing... What is frustrating is that it seems like your teams AI is handicapped in order to make it more difficult.  They will never pass it up the boards, they will always turn away and get held on the boards.  They do ridiculous dekes into the opposition, in a way that you never see the opponent AI do.  I'll be a -2 in a game and still get an A on defense due to how many times i have to retrieve/poke the puck.

Coaching changes... i don't know that this is a thing in be a pro, but im going to assume coaches don't get fired.  My coach seems to want to play the trap unless we are down by more than 2.

CHL and AHL need to come back. 

need to do something about stats you gain during games.  i have some very telling stats.  Like 92 poke checking 90 offensive awareness 90 defensive awareness, 85 passing 85 wrist shot accuracy... Then everything else i haven't trained is still at the level it was when i started.  You lose puck control when you lose the puck... but there is no way of gaining it, no matter how hard you battle for the puck, or how long its on your stick. same with balance.

Honestly just get rid of "bad shot" because it makes no sense...  I'll miss the net by like 4 feet and get a "good shot choice!" then i'll get an assist from a rebound shot and just before the goal it says "bad shot choi.... err i mean, ASSIST!"  Also if my two choices are "lose the puck" and "get a weak shot" which do you think is the good choice?

This isn't specific to be a pro, but the fighting is super annoying.  No matter who wins "OH that wasn't even close, he just got his *** beat"  and then if you lose your coach is mad at you for defending a team member?  not mad that you fought and aren't able to play for 5 minutes... hes mad because you lost.  Most hockey fights don't have a clear winner, and fighting in this game is super obnoxious in how it's handled.  And no coach is going to be like "you gotta win that fight next time".  Same with the hits... I play as a 5'7 twf to make it difficult, and so many times I have taken the hit to make a play, clear the zone, ect.  and i get minus to stats

Make line changes that don't involve me or injuries.  Literally no roster changes occur if you dont move up or down, or someone gets injured.  my team has played with 2 forwards playing D because they just refused to call someone up from the ahl that played D.  I am now the best center on my line, but they refuse to put me to center (my guess is until next season or maybe if they made a trade... something to reset the lineup)  occasionally i get to play center on PP if a certain player is  injured.  There is no shuffling of lines, no other players get punished or rewarded, the whole league revolves around you.

I'd love to be a role player...  but if you don't get like 1.5 points a game, your team isn't going to win much.

Not sure if this has just changed from quality of life to this game is bad, but i needed to vent.

Message 15 of 29 (1,352 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Also would be nice to know why goals get rejected/canceled.

When ever there is a situation that the REF blows a goal off, the game doesnt tell you why?

Would be nice to actually see the Ref go to check the video (it could be skippable)

But then if the goal is rejected, show the Ref waving it off and the REASON WHY!

The game could show a replay and the announcers could explain why the goal was rejected. Also a text should appear in the scoreboard.

Now the Ref just waves his hands and then the game loads and then you start at offline point...

Its a bit frustrating not to know why the goal was rejected.

BONUS:

If you are the captain you could challenge the call,

I know this is abit much, but i hope this could be done at some lvl.

Thanks.

Message 16 of 29 (1,336 Views)

★★★ Novice

All very true.   I think coaches do get swapped though in Be a pro.  I just started my second season and I have a different coach.  Not that it makes much difference.  

Message 17 of 29 (1,314 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I think it would also be nice if they made it so you could start in the NCAA. I know the league has some weird rules on endorsements and things like this but if this is possible it would be an awesome addition. 

Message 18 of 29 (1,198 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

My biggest issue is let us get sent down.. don’t know why this was changed. But if I’m a 71 rated goalie I should be sent to the minors no matter what my stats are. I could have a 8.0 GAA and Ill make the team.. this would never happen “in the game” so why can’t we be sent down? 

Transactions and news info is also huge. It’s not about having control, but having the info. Especially in the offseason and trade deadline. 

Why have a “scoring leaders” banner in the offseason.. It should be just transactions and who was signed. I don’t need to know what the standings are in the offseason. 

Trade deadline day like there is in Franchise mode.. The programming is there, let us watch it if we choose to. Again, not about having control of the trades, but it would be fun to watch what your team does. 

Let me see other teams lines.. Why can’t I see other teams lines? Why can’t I see the ‘chemistry’ rating on my own team?

The option to change my number!! If my number is taken, let me have the option of changing to another number or let us have 3 preferences.. If your #1 number is taken, then it defaults to your second pick.. 

Goalie mask customizations… You already have the rights to use the logos.. let us place them where we want them..You can add non copyright symbols like lines, wings, flames, mountains, airplanes, eyes and so on. Let people create their own masks. 

As a BAP goalie why can’t I see the strategy?? Would be nice to know what our coach changes or what is their basic strategy.. is it a zone, man to man, a hybrid, hi pressure, passive.. What a coach has for the Penalty kills and power play.. not about controlling it but nice to know what it is. 

IF there is a coaching change, it would be nice to know.. I have no idea of a coaching change until the new season when I notice that the name of the coach changes.. this would fall under “transactions” and the already mentioned let me see the strategy idea. 

If my perks are based on money, then let me negotiate contracts.. Why can’t this be done. Give me a list of teams interested and then negotiate with all 3 teams for the right amount. Would be nice an engaging during the off season. 

Stanley Cup celebrations, Banner raising, a cut a way to actually signing a contract. 

Notice none of this is actual game play, just things that can make this game great.. 

Message 19 of 29 (665 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Javiair you never get sent down because the game forces you to be a superstar, whether you like it or not
Message 20 of 29 (654 Views)