My future NHL game Wishlist

by WildDai9

Original Post

My future NHL game Wishlist

★★★ Newbie

First off, I’d like to say that NHL 22 isn’t a terrible game (I have only really played offline, not online too much), but there are many things that can be done better/fixed to make future NHL games a more complete game

First, I’ll list many of the problems in NHL 22

- The create a team jersey numbers and last name bars are messed up on many jerseys, such as the Kings jerseys where the number is extremely stretched upwards so it can fit and look good with only the Kings number font, and other jerseys for other teams are also like that

- in Be A Pro, free agency is still terrible. Only 2 options, one is your team and one is another random team. If you’re a say 96 ovr center, doesn’t even matter if the team has 4 great centers, the other team will still take you.

- In general, make the game harder. Of course this can be done with sliders, but I play on Superstar on 6/6 difficulty adjustment and many of the sliders are cranked pretty high, such as goalies. Make superstar actually difficult, since I’m not even amazing at the game and I can play on it in Season and Franchise mode (not BAP, it’s too hard on superstar since you can’t control what your teammates do, all they do is deke right when they enter the zone and then lose the puck)

- We still can’t play at least one full season in the CHL or in Europe as a rookie.

- BAP draft sucks, either like 1st or 2nd ovr, and if you don’t play then it’s like 167th ovr and you’re drafted by the same team every time. It’s a bit more diverse than nhl 21 but still bad, make it so we can be drafted anywheres.

- In BAP, I don’t want to be the captain every time I join a new team, I want to work my way up to it. Don’t even think I’ve ever seen anyone as an assistant captain in the last 2 games. A bar could be made like there is for what line you’re on where it shows your progress to being captain, but make it very large for nothing, smaller for assistant captain and very small for captain.

Alright, that’s most of the major problems I’ve seen in the game, and that’s quite a few since I only really play Season Mode and Be A Pro.

Now, I will move onto what I want to see in the game in terms of features and fixes

- fix all create a team jersey numbers back to what they were in nhl 21 (or whatever game they were normal in)

- Make a better colour chooser for create a team, which should actually be a colour square since then you can have dark but bold colours, instead of a triangle. Any dark colour you create is always faded from the original colour, basically just can’t create burgundy, navy, or dark green or any good looking dark colour.

- I don’t know why they took this away but all of the red colours when you look at the NHL colour pallets in create a team are all the same red. They used to all be different and actually somewhat match the team’s actual colours. Really, they should just make them the exact colours that the team has in the game, since the yellows are way too dark, like I said the reds are the same, green are too dark as well. This also affects goalie gear in BAP. an example would be if a goalie that is on the hurricanes, who have bright red jerseys, has dark red on their gear instead of bright red (to fix this issue, pick jersey colours from the AHL for red and yellow, and even green sometimes)

- When I go to edit a player that’s on a custom team in edit player, it only shows them in a free agent jersey or the jersey of the NHL, AHL, ECHL, etc. Make it actually show the custom jersey on them. This is another feature that was removed for absolutely no reason.

- Last issue with create a team, PLEASE MAKE IT SO WE CAN CREATE CUSTOM JERSEYS. Allow us to put any shapes on a jersey we want (option to be mirrored for arms, and for front to back), as well as having the ability to add features of real NHL jerseys, such as the specific shoulders design for Edmonton or Dallas. And then allow us to save those as our own custom jersey templates. Add more number fonts that actually look good, and let us also move the numbers and logos wherever we want on the jersey (maybe limit the from logo to only the front body of the jersey and the arm numbers to only the visible part of the arms and even shoulders, same with secondary logos, and also limit main numbers to only the back of the jersey. Also allow us to create custom socks and pants as well. But don’t make it so we can’t still have the designs that are already in the game now, just make custom jerseys, pants and socks something that we can do. Basically just make a paint booth like in NASCAR games, but for jerseys.

- For Be A Pro, add the ability to play in CHL/Europe as a rookie as well as playing in the AHL or even ECHL if you’re not high enough overall after being drafted, add World Juniors,  add better free agency with negotiations from teams that actually need you offering you a contract, add being able to request a trade to a specific team, make it so I’m not captain after the first season, make it harder to get up to a high overall, add new franchise custom teams that you can create yourself and then play for as well, make AI teammates actually know how to play hockey just like the opposition’s players do, etc. Many things can still be added to make BAP a better game mode that actually makes it feel like you’re a player who worked their way up to the big leagues. Another thing would be to go full on NHL Slapshot and add bantam hockey, or even peewee (fake ea sports leagues for that of course). Would be cool if you could maybe not even make it to the NHL if you suck in bantam or peewee lol.

Alright I’ve decide that that’s all of the things I want added and or changed and or fixed. Feel free to comment on this post for anything I may have missed in Season mode and Be a Pro, as well as general game things. Thanks for reading my rant.

Message 1 of 1 (776 Views)