Interactive celebration only for the Stanley Cup

by VeronicatheCD

Original Post

Interactive celebration only for the Stanley Cup

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

All new interactivity with the Stanley Cup?  I don't see it.

Winning the Stanley Cup, the Calder Cup, the Memorial Cup - they were all traditionally the same, differing only in what the cup looked like.  So I go start out a Be a Pro, disappointed by the character customization as is - I don't get my player looking like I want because of the bogarting of female hairstyles - but as part of a start you play for the Memorial Cup.  We swept the Round Robin, with me leading the team.  No interactive Cup handoff.  No commentary about why this person got the cup second, third, fourth, etc (My player was second after the captain).  When they said that they added this for the Stanley Cup they meant exactly that - seeming to go out of their way to make sure it wasn't there for the other cups.

They don't have the short time to give hairs and meshes to creation mode; they don't have the time to give relevant CHEL parts for your dress off the ice in Be A Pro, but they had time to make sure that the Memorial Cup didn't get the functionality of the Stanley Cup - or is that even working?

Edit: Modified title to better reflect the content of the post. -CM

Message 1 of 3 (750 Views)

Re: Interactive celebration only for the Stanley Cup

★★ Guide
@VeronicatheCD I have experienced the Stanley Cup interactivity in Franchise mode. Its cool, but not a great excuse to remove all the other presentation stuff.
Message 2 of 3 (665 Views)

Re: Interactive celebration only for the Stanley Cup

★★ Guide

Frankly, I'm not even sure why this mattered. I mean I like realism in my games, but that's a bit much. They should have just removed the randomizer and had the Captain pass it to the 1st A, then the 2nd A, and the goalie. I mean why spend SO much development time on a presentation and then skip fixing issues like menu scrolling or making sure all the new logos colored correctly?

This was just a stupid feature...

Message 3 of 3 (650 Views)

nhl-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help