Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Free agency in BAP needs a revamp ASAP

by IrishOwl

Original Post

Free agency in BAP needs a revamp ASAP

★ Guide

Just saw that the free agency in BAP is still the same old broken thing again. Seriously, that's a major downside and it's breaking all will to play BAP. It's very disappointing, how hard can it be to add simple features as expected contract duration, more than 2 teams offering contracts and at least an option to contact teams? They should really use the F1 game negotiation system. It's simple but offer all the options we need. 

Message 1 of 9 (451 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I want to negotiate. I mean seriously. I'm an 84 overall after my first three years, I've won ever trophy and took the team to the Stanley Cup twice, but only 1 team is interested in me? And they are only offering a flat fee? Why can't I counter offer, maybe get a few singing bonuses? Maybe drop a couple reports on Team Chemisrty. Like I'm on Seattle, but Edmonton is guaranteeing me a First Line Spot and I have a Chem of +5 with their current wingers (I'm a center) where as with Seattle I got a -1 minus because Eberle l think's I've been show boating too much? Then I could tell Buffalo, who is offering 2.5 million, that Edmonton offered me 3 million and guaranteed first line for a year, so they can adjust their offer?

Make a little mini game out of it, and I'll never sign more then a three year contract so I can play it 5 or 6 times during my career.

Message 2 of 9 (380 Views)

★ Guide

That would be a dream come true! Imagine the drama with the little radio show when you sign a blockbuster deal elsewhere. I know EA are not known for making major features update within the year but dear lord that would be a nice addition to close the deal on the "old" gen. At least if we can get an option to ask for a specific number of years and salary. PLEASE EA ONLY ADD THAT!. 

Message 3 of 9 (378 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I totally agree with this. I really wish EA would add contract negotiations. I like be a pro but it gets boring every year because it needs a lot more work that it doesn’t get. I have always wanted them to add Contract negotiations. I want it more than anything else. Each year I hope they at least add a simple new system for it and each year I am disappointed. Ea just refuses to recognize what any of their players want.

Message 4 of 9 (353 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Sadly EA's focus is only on HUT. Be A Pro is the same as it was last year and I doubt they will make any changes post-launch this year. Hell, I'd be willing to bet that you see the same Be A Pro from now until 2025, when NHL 25-26 launches and maybe adds a few more gimmicks. Be A Pro does not make them money. We don't buy card packs and microtransactions, so we are not the focus of the game and its developers. It's so lame.

Message 5 of 9 (342 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

You're right. Its totally focused on online play, because of the mirco transactions. EA wants its money, and I don't blame them, but I still like to put a bug in their ear and maybe Blueberry can actually get something done.

Message 6 of 9 (313 Views)

★ Guide

Do you think it will be possible? Is there any way to make a formal request? Two small options and more than 2 teams to offer contract seems really fair for a start and don't need too much ressources. 

Message 7 of 9 (303 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

EA doesn't really care about our suggestions. We can only hope they try to show offline modes the same love they show online modes, but then they'd need to find a way to monetize it.

Frankly, I need them to rework their swimming engines, so my 91, 93, 89 line actually does a little scoring, in Franchise mode. 12 point between the three of them in 15 games is disgraceful.

Message 8 of 9 (278 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@IrishOwl In your first three years - you're still RFA meaning that what a team would probably have to give up to get you is either this year's 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks or the next 4 years of first round picks. Sure, they could offer you 1 million a year and you could accept it, but then Seattle is definitely matching the offer and you're just ending up broke.
Message 9 of 9 (215 Views)
Twitter Stream

nhl-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help