BAP Wishlist - Updated

by ccleme20

Original Post

Re: BAP Wishlist

★★ Novice
@Javiair 1- Absolutely agree with everything. I feel like EA takes out subtle features just to add them back later and say it's "new". Also EA has taken the aspect of earning your spot completely out of the game. No matter how bad you play you will never get traded (unless you ask) and never get sent down. Make us EARN that spot. I want these games to feel like they mean something. Usually I wind up on the 1st line by the mid point of my first season and never look back. I play on All-Star with CPU advantage..I don't put up McDavid numbers but im sure treated like I do.
Message 21 of 59 (1,625 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also feel like EA needs to revamp BAP. I enjoy playing as a goalie but no matter what I do in settings (tried just about everything) I rarely face for than 15 shots a game. The AI passes up all the open shots and all I'm left with is back door passes and 1 on 1 dekes give me more shots. I also feel that you shouldn't just get thrust right to nhl goalie or skater what happened to going down to ahl to work on your game get some xp and then get called up (especially for goalies) right now when I start a new BAP as a goalie I play like 10 games that yr 1 and sometimes yr 2 what's the point send me down so I can play more and get my guy better. Focused mainly on goalies here but I agree with alot of what you had to say as well.

Message 22 of 59 (1,543 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Honestly they need to fix BAP majorly in NHL 23.  Here’s what needs to be added/fixed/removed!

1. Play by Play names should be said like seriously if you are gonna let us choose them then we want to hear them.

2. Being able to be sent up to NHL or sent down to AHL. I want to earn my spot like you would in real life.

3. Add practices, pregame practices, and other training days to it where you have the choice to level up your character personally like irl or just sim it.  This can also help you move up lines, etc just like irl.  I remember i think nfl 09 had you lifting weights and stuff and actual practices where you worked on plays.

4. Way more outside events like autograph signings, meeting fans, etc like what actual professional players do.

5.  Add all-star/winter classic/world tournament games to BAP instead of just saying yeah you were selected but you don’t get to play it. Once again could be simmed if wanted to but give us that choice.

6. Injuries, my character has been injured many times but never once was it serious enough for me to be out of multiple games or not so serious where if I got a small injury in the 1st that I am just out for the rest of that game.  Let us be out for those games we could miss and let us be able to come back in the middle of a game when we are patched up.

7. Make the gameplay a little more realistic as I have rarely been able to body check someone or the fact that unlike in irl where the puck bounces of the goalie back into play, they just hold onto it for the faceoff unless everyone is on the other end of the ice.  make this more like irl where goalies and players can do more.

8. Fighting needs to be updated.  There needs to be multiple fights, huge fights of a couple people, etc like irl also make it were referees try to stop you instead of just watching.

9. Make it transferable like between games so you can continue your character on multiple seasons in a reasonable time without simming.

10.  Guest commentaries like snoop was in NHL 21 (for all modes)

11. Like 10 but also where your bap player can interact with the guest.

12. Meetings in the intermissions instead of just the tunnel, let us hear the coach tell us to step it up if we are behind.

13. This needs to be fixed badly the pk line is always negative even if you score 3 short handed goals and get an A+ in everything

14. Trading, contracts, etc need to be negotiable or for trading there needs to show you whose on the chopping block, if the coach wants to trade you instead of just asking for yourself, etc

15. Actual correct irl goal sounds like the blue jackets one is for those about to rock but you don’t get that in the game

16. Would love more dialogue options to make the player sounds more like what I would say and do instead of either be cocky as a star or overly team focused

17. Use the actual coaches instead of random ones that aren't real

I feel like I went on long but its a new game engine and way better consoles so its time to focus on the actual offline aspect of the game which is to me one of the only good things about it as I don’t like WoC or HUT. I either play offline with friends or BAP so I would like to have that focused for once.

Message 23 of 59 (1,468 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

How many minutes are you playing per period? If you are doing something like 5 min per then 15 is good. If you want to increase shots per game without changing too much, here is what I have found to work. 

1. Increase game speed: At 1/6 at 8 min periods Ill face 18-24 shots… at 3/6 Ill face near 30. Faster the game, the more shots you’ll face. 

2. Increase the cpu strategy adjustment slider by 1 or more.I. I have found that increasing the CPU strategy it makes the team more aggressive. At the default, 3/6 its good, but if you want to face more shots, then bump it up one and play a few games. At 6/6 they will be very aggressive. This slider will make them more aggressive if they are down by a goal. At 6/6 they will go all out to tie the game or to score. At 0/0, the computer wont know if they are winning or losing. I like to think of it as an awareness slider. The higher the number, the more aware the other team is of the situation. 

3. Last but I don’t know if I would do this. Increase the user strategy adjustment by 1. I keep it at 0 because at 3 the opponent becomes super players and very smart. If you have an inch open, they will find it. 

Message 24 of 59 (1,431 Views)

★ Guide

EA you have to see this wishlist!

These things made this game so good

Message 25 of 59 (1,241 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

We NEED Injury Information back!,

Back in NHL 19-20 during be a pro when you were injured, after simulating the rest of the game and returning the the menu you would get a message like " You were injured in the game, we are evaluating it and will have more information soon. " , and after simulating another 1-2 weeks you would then be greeted with a static picture of a presumed to be player sitting on an exam room table, and a Trainer/Dr infront of him in a talking posture. It was a black and white toned screen and it would have a UI overlay with text explaining EXACTLY what your injury was and how long you would be out from said injury. In NHL 21 this feature suddenly was gone. Mind you I'm NOT talking about the Rookie season in Be A Pro where you cannot be injured. I'm talking about the following seasons. Playing Enforcer in NHL 19-20, I would constantly be at that screen being informed about being out with a broken nose for a few weeks, or one fight loss I got a broken jaw and was out for a month or longer. In another instance I had a fracture in my hand. And one time I even got a concussion and was out for like 24 weeks or something. But EACH time for EVERY injury whether it was little or small, it always told me what it was and how long I would be out. But in NHL 21, and now in 22 when you don't return to play and are kept out of the game due to injury when you are done simulating and get back to the locker room / home screen for Be A Pro you get NO INFORMATION AT ALL about your injury. You just have to assume what it is based off an animation, and guess the time and spam game simulations until randomly you see you have returned. Please, fix this issue and or add this basic feature back. It's such a minor and simplistic addition yet it adds so much when it comes to realism, immersion and inclusion of information relevant to our Pro and their career!. Please EA, We need information reports on our injuries back!.

Message 26 of 59 (1,205 Views)

★★★ Newbie

For sure my biggest wish is shortened seasons, like I want to play 24 game seasons, I've never been able to finish a career because 82 is so long.

Message 27 of 59 (1,175 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I wish free agency were totally overhauled in BAP, the current system sucks! I want to be able to negotiate term and salary with potential teams, why am I not able to? Also, I don't care what the team's record was last season, I want to see their roster. Show me what good players they have and what line I'd play on, let me see what young talent is locked in to long-term deals so I can decide where I want to go, it's baffling that sports games don't do this more often. I'm deciding my new home, this should be seen as a monumental decision. There should be cutscenes or something to commemorate this.

Also, the draft needs a huge overhaul as well. Why can I only be drafted first or second overall to the same two teams? The team I get drafted by should be random, I'm sick of creating players just to have them be drafted by the Kraken literally every single time, regardless of position, archetype, or Memorial Cup/Champions League performance. The entire mode is just frustratingly barebones, but it has so much potential.

Message 28 of 59 (1,128 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@ThatOtherGuy1111you mean the 15 in-game cutscenes with your coach and the overabundance of off-ice discussions with one player and a singular reporter are not enough to create a somewhat entertaining game mode???

Who would have thought. Cannot believe EA Sports would have not thought of such things given they can barely program competent AI

Message 29 of 59 (1,117 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I actually wish we can be a real player in be a pro. I think Fifa in career mode for a player, they let you be a real player like mbappe.  Would love to see that in NHL 23.

Message 30 of 59 (1,100 Views)