Re: 17 years old NHL Player

by NAVergy

Original Post

17 years old NHL Player

★★★★ Novice

Does EA know that you are not eligible to play NHL under 18?

I am a 17 year old NHL player. This has been a bug also in the last year version and wondering why wasn't it fixed? 

Message 1 of 7 (2,810 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It's not a bug. There's just nowhere to put you. They removed the ability to play in the Juniors (CHL) 3 years ago. No one knows exactly why, and EA has never really explained the decision (that I've notieced). You literally have nowhere to but directly to the NHL.

EA: The CHL leagues need to be reinstated. Please.

Message 2 of 7 (2,722 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

There is no option to get sent down despite your coaches telling you so. I guess those that want instant gratification won and it was removed so you no longer have to earn your spot in the show. 

Message 3 of 7 (2,665 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Agreed. CHL needs to return. The chance of getting sent back down or being passed up in the draft isn't there anymore. I loved playing my first season in the CHL. It was more immersive due to the fact that come draft year I was anywhere from an 80-83 Overall going into the draft which is realistic for anyone in the top3. Now you intern the league at a 70-71 overall at best. Also the intimidating of being put back in the minors isn't there anymore. Huge flop removing the CHL for BAP.

Message 4 of 7 (2,587 Views)

★★ Guide

@tiekhere They removed it because not many people wanted it. Why keep something in the game hardly anyone is gonna play? It’s wiser to take it out and put something else in. It’s like the minors… why have it? Why have something that told you that you REALLY suck at the game? I get that it’s realistic, but I can guarantee that if you got sent to the minors and couldn’t make it back up, you wouldn’t play the game. You don’t play Be a Po to be a mediocre minor league player 

Message 5 of 7 (2,423 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@drewgriffithsA few points.

First; I agree that some people won't play if you can't go right to the NH. However; at that point the Memorial Cup play in realistically becomes if you aren't a top 5 draft pick, please start over. I would think "create a player" vs "be a pro" is a better fit for those folks. Create a player letting you build build an NHL ready player who actually belongs and won't be scratched 60 times.

Two, adding the feature doesn't really cost them anything, its all data and nothing more. The rosters, teams, logo's all exist for juniors and I think the other leagues as well because you can play them in free play.

Three the challenge of turning your 17 year old into a star is appealing to a fair number of players. Since the cost of implementing it is pretty minor why not do it to improve a mode that everyone finds pretty terrible.

Message 6 of 7 (1,864 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@david331862 I was wondering the same thing, I don’t play be a pro for this reason alone which use to be my favourite game mode of all time. It’s just so disappointing and dissatisfying. 17 year old players would never be in the show. It takes the mojo right out of it for me. Fix it. Or just get rid of the game mode. How hard is it to change the number from 7 to 8 lol.
Message 7 of 7 (1,460 Views)

nhl-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help